• No, we shouldn't

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right the question is.

If someone works, or owns, a company, should we allow them to advertise the company in their signatures?

For instance if I start up my ICE install company, should I be allowed to advertise that company ( contact details, special offers, etc ) in my signature on every post I make?

I think we need to take a vote on whether we should be for or against this practice. And then stick to it..

Obviously as my ( eventual ) company IS blatently advertised in my signature I will follow this decision as well.

Pete

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes I do think contact details should be allowed but not special offers

do not make it an advertising space, people can pay us if they want that kind of space but I do not see a problem if the have the company name and contact number in thier signature

thats what I think but will go with the majority

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think if the company offers a discount for members of the site then they should be able to advertise in their signatures by way of us saying thank you for giving members a discount.

This way people also know when they are replying to threads that they are talking to someone who hopefully knows about a product because they use, sell and recommend them.

m

G

·
My personal view is that some companies are paying to be on this site and so should be allowed more freedom than others.

If they have a descounts page already then why do they need to advertise all they are doing in a signature.

Let them put a link to the discounts section and company name and contact details and do it off the forum, we are trying to make this site pay its way and i have already had emails from companies asking about this.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I've said yes to signatures, but I would agree that we don't people to start advertising under their signature unless they've contributed to the site in some way in which case they have their own little discount section.

G

·
Thats where I am coming from Abi, I just dont want peeps taking the **** out of it when they already have a discounts section, IMHO its one or the other!

G

·
this aint a straight forward yes/no vote in my opinion.

......however, its more a YES, but with the restrictions listed above by people, as the main factor is the fact businesses are paying money to advertise etc.

1) No OTT advertising
2) No Spamming style signature
3) a link to discounts sounds good
4) NOT ENOUGH TO UPSET PAYING ADVERTISERS!

G

·
Thats what I was looking at Mate, if they aint making a payment or free trials on this site then they should not use it as a personal sales pitch!

We dont make any money out fo this site and we have to make it pay

G

·
I think a link to there site would be ok

Your signiture can say whatever you want as far as im concerned as longs as its non offensive and not to big,

Si,

I can't help but feel that your problem with this is aimed at one specific person,

If they offer a discount then i think its ok.

Theres nothing stopping other companies from going on the forum and doing it, they just choose not to.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
i voted yes aswell but agree that nothing to stupid and nothing to big :)

G

·
No Steve, I just dont want big signatures that take up space, I dont not want them I want them so that they are fair and equal.

If they have a discounts page then all they should need is a link to the discounts section or

Company Name
Link to discounts section

Seems fair!

I think that the Poll should be changed so that we can have one for yes but only with the above information

1 - 12 of 12 Posts