SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday not concentrating while pulling out of the car park, i slightly hit the front of my car on a pillar. Was absolutely gutted. Luckily no dents but still scuffed the bumper. Anyone got any ideas how to go about getting this mess sorted?

·
Registered
50 Posts
oh dear mate not good!

looks like the worst of it will t-cut out, but where the paint has cracked and flacked off it will need rubbing down and repainting, because its on the corner of the car it will blend pretty easy.

depends if you feel confident enough yourself to tackle the paint work, or if not you will have to get it done buy a chip repair company or a body shop.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
if the scuff is deep use some isopon bumper fill, sand with 240 grit wet and dry, then with 600 frit to make it nice and smooth, its best to take the bumper of for this part i find , if not use lots of maskign tape and mask everything within about 3 foot, take of your fuel cap panel bit, take it halfords and get them to mix some paint matched to that ( i find this gives a better match than off the shelf stuff matched to the colour name )
give it a few good coats, leave it for abotu a week to fully harden then go over the top with a machine polisher ( can get them from silverline tools for abotu 45 quid, brillitant bits of kit :D ) and polish it with paintwork renovater and it should bring it up really nice so you cant tell its been scuffed :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graff i like the way you make it sound so easy lol. unfortunetly i lack the skills and time at the moment. Thought there may be an easy solution like a special marker pen or something haha.

ToledoTDI;783140 said:
depends if you feel confident enough yourself to tackle the paint work, or if not you will have to get it done buy a chip repair company or a body shop.
Will have to get a quote and see how much it is! At least i know what my student loan is going to be used on.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If you want it back to as new then probably going to need a respray.

Alternatively a good polish and a manufactures touch up pen shud tidy it up quite well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AndyP;783174 said:
perfect excuse for a modded bumper!! :)

go on u know u want to!!
Id love to. Sometimes i think the front looks abit 'girly' (i have a lack of vocab lol) but being a student cant affrod that just yet.

Might give the touch up pen a go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts