SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks. I hjust changed my alloy wheels on my 1.9 leaon tdi on Saturday. Whilst the wheel was off on the drivers side the jack slipped! To cut a long story short, the car drives fine but there seems to be a leek coming from that side. Seems to be coming from the plastic splash cover under the engine. It doesn't feel like engine oil but something else. Anyway i'm takin the car into the garage tomorrow so that I can get it onto a ramp for a look. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
When you say it doesn't feel like engine oil, what does it feel like? Have you had a look in the engine bay to see if there are any damp patches anywhere? Its possible something could have come loose almost anywhere in the engine bay I guess, so could be worth a poke around under the bonnet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bloody hell...April hasn't been a good month has it! Good luck with it mate...hope the car's ok...

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me when I had a puncture on the Ibiza - I was lucky that the wheel was still on and it only caused some minor sill damage -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the garage this morning. They found nothing. They had it up on a ramp for 20mins and about 3/4 of them including the MOT tester had a good look around and saw nothing. Mind you I did wash the car after changing the wheels so could have been some water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AAAAAAAAAAARGH. This morning I had a look under the car and there it was again a little puddle. I could see remnants of it on the cover under the car close to the drivers side. When I touched it, it felt oily and was orange in colour. Was odourless though. Since yesterday I have done around 450 mles all motorway milleage without any problems in the car. It's going back to the garage on Saturday morning. This time to my usual garage. I'm suspecting there might be a small hole in the radiator or in the connecting pipes which was not detected by the garage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It could be leaking from the air-con system, one of my old cars was leaking a similar fluid when the compressor failed. There was oil which had dye in it, can't remember the colour since it was a few years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts