SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a cordy 2.0 16v sx and it just aint quick enoughhave got a rage back box induction kit and fse boost valve is there any way to go quicker without head etc work p.s whats the standard sx supposed to do as i think ive slowed mine with the mods ive done????????????????? oh and 17s only got 125ish any ideas would be good quinch

G

·
On a 16v fast road cams would give you more mid range power and are relatively cheap compared to head work. Obviously If you did them both togethor at the same time you might save a bit. The noise from the front of the car is fantastic! An alternative is getting a 4.2.1 manifold which really will free up the revs and low down torque and a decent exhaust system with a sports cat or decat pipe (personally I had the SC because I hate the raspy sound from a decat pipe) A chip is the the last thing that wont give u much power (4bhp on tuned GSI) but will smooth out the drivability of the car.

Anyway mate I had all this done to an Astra 2.0l 16v Astra Gsi Ecotech which went from 134bhp to 159bhp. (also had decent airfilter) The ecotech is a pretty weak engine as standard compared to the older redtop (150bhp Mk2) engine but I recon you should easily be able to get alot more power out of your Seat 16v.

Out of all the manifold was the best mod I ever made. It just didnt like traffic but let it loose down the country lanes and it pulled like a train. I could get 72 out of second!

Laters
;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
manifolds for our motors are near impossible to get hold off, unless theres some model of manifold that will do the same job for the cordy as some other make/model.
about 180 bhp seems to be the usual for chip cams and head put together, ask neilp and scotty as they both have them done, and ovv had his chipped and was sitting around 170-175 bhp alone!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
as with the 20vt tuning, it seems to depend on the car - neilp has had the same work done, but his is still ****loads faster! maybe down to weight and driver - but he even gets more on the rolling road. And my parents 16v cordy as standard is a good match for mine :mad:

Tsr do manifold polishing, but apparently it don't do much good.:rolleyes:

Apparently the Fse boost valve is a no no on seat/vw engines as it competes with the ecu or something and over fuels it.

G

·
Originally posted by FISHBOY

The ecotech is a pretty weak engine as standard compared to the older redtop (150bhp Mk2)

Laters
;)
The redtop engine in question was a coscast jobbie, engineer'd by cosworth, hence much better breathing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.