SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I could start a thread on what cars our Ibiza 20VTs have beaten. Sorry but im only interested in standard ones. Ive only raced a few cars. Not many people are keen to racing me.

1) Astra GTE
2) Civic Vti
3) Ibiza 2.0 16V
4) BMW 323
5) Honda CRX

Cheers,
Gareth

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
when it was standard i had a race with a bmw 525i

he was keeping up with me @ 145mph but he couldn't get past me :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Havent had a decent race against anything since i have had it :(
Couldnt get away from a 106 GTI i think it was once , mind you did have the car in the wrong gear to start with :cn

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I can happily wee all over people's company BMW Z3's - even the 2.3l ones. And I've kept up with an SLK230 with 4 people in my car too, which I was pretty chuffed about :)

Despite being standard, I have managed to squeeze 150mph (yes, 150) out of her down a hill on the M40. I bottled it though and eased off!!

Oh yeah, and people in Lexus IS300s thinking they're great get a nasty surprise if they decide to have a go at my 20vT :)

That's why I like it - not many people know what it is actually capable of :)

G

·
I roasted a Honda S2000 in mine a while back, was hitting the 6500 rev mark in each gear, and funnily enough I was brave enough to have a go at an Aston Martin Vantage yesterday!

Roasted him away from the lights too, so I guess he was a 'Sunday afternoon' Vantage driver!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
ford RS2000

modified Vauxall Nova (but with a 2.0 litre turbo'd engine i found out later)

Just for fun i tried to race a 2001 spec porshe 911 turbo..........i was doing well till it got into second gear, lol

that about it. theres not many cars to race in worcester. also the police hang around lots near us :mad:
already got 3 points and fined £60 for doing 36 in a 30 :wound:

James.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Not many people race me either.. the od one now and then, but they usually give up really quickly once they see my car sit down as the turbo pulls hard at relatively low revs..

Some of the ones I can remember:
Vectra 2.5 V6
Modeo 2.5 V6
Astra 2.0 GSI
BMW 325i
Golf GTi (several different types)
Saxo VTR/VTS (both)
Lexus IS200
Pug 206 GTi
Toyata Celica (new type)
Audi A3 1.8T (non quattro)
Audi A4 1.8T (non quattro, new type)
Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (neck and necked it to 100)

Usually always on straight road kinda style coming off roundabouts, lights, out of country road junctions and the like.. don't tend to 'race' more push hard to show what the cars have for the enjoyment of both parties.. we all love to see what our cars can do.. and where they fit into the scheme of things..

I have been challenged by loads of small engined sh*t mobiles... nova and corsa etc... just don't bother mentioning those though.. lol

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Oh yeh.. I forgot.. I raced a Ferarri 360 down the A164... actually went passed him at 110.... he had decided to give up before he got into 3rd gear... lmao

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Gareth ,

Had my 1st race last night- coming out of the fourty zone, heading back upto cove, some little japanese guy in the new style Honda Civic coupe.
Sat at fourty til the zone ended and then we both gunned it, dunnno what he had under the hood but I ripped him in 3rd gear and after that it was all over he couldnt keep up, got upto about 110 before I had to turn off for cove.

wayhay - 1st race and I won.

Ovv:elo:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha Ha Chris,
What was all that pi5h you were saying last night about being 25 and super sensible????? Was Sara sat next to you or something??:no:

Gareth

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Mmm a honda s2000 getting beat by a 20vt that dont sound right seeing as its f e c k i n alot more powerful and silly light, ie s2000 drivin properly would beat a mitisubushi evo 4/5/6 in a straight line

But u could just be a better driver and make up the difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i know that my brother has a Corrado Vr6 and a VT blasted past him the other night although he doesnt get many races either must be due to the Brilliance of the VW's and seats!!

:wow:

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Face it guys we u lot own a very good range of cars! Loads of style, power, driveability and is as common as snow in Mexico and it only snows there once every 5 years :D Many people could argue that u could get a better car etc. But u lot wouldn't have as much fun. People r too whary of Evo's i think its those huge spoilers that put people off :D Golf GTi's r everywhere these days, The only other exception is probably the Audi 1.8T quattro and non quattro versions as not many people know what they can do either!

Much better than the run of the mill Ford Orion :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
RS Turbo van off lights, despite him edging 1 1/2 car lengths ahead before lights changed, absolutely obliterated it:moony: , being followed by lad I knew in Astra Gsi - he couldn't believe how quick the Cupra gets off the line (nor can I to be honest, traction from standing is best of any car ive had, including turbos).

I understand the 0-60 is suppose to be 7.9 secs - well if I can't get it there in low 7s/late 6s i'd be very surprised.:g

Not had any others yet, as missus don't like it in her new car:no: but I will get a few scalps before too long.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Caught a modded Honda CRX from the lights, he was well impressed especially as I gave him the nod (1 sec start) - he was too busy spinning his wheels in second - only a 300 yard sprint to 40 (Officer). Tyres were knackered too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by CupraSi
I dont race, ask Steve, Lee, Pete, BlockEd, and a few others :elo:
I know exactly what you mean Si!, im just like you sit and pooter down the slow lane!:D :D :moony:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Too many accidents and speeding tickets...
Oh, that's me.....
My current SEAT is the only car where I had had an accident with an inanimate object (lying in the road) - every other car I've had, I've had to swerve to hit things...

Speeding on the motorways is mad (watch out for the horses...), speeding in urban areas is potentially murder... Nuff said.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts