SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 1.4 Ibiza Sport.
Yesturday, after cleaning my car I had to move it slightly forward so someone behind me could get out. (On road parking and having people park to close to each other, not fun)
So I quickly turned on, moved forward abit, then turned off.
Come to go for a drive about 6 hours later, car refused to start. I had a quarter of a tank of petrol, so it couldnt of been that.
Car kept the battery icon lit and the oil warning light flashed and beep 3 times. Thinking Ive possibly flooded the engine. After about 10 attempts I decided to move it.
After pushing the car around a corner to take a closer look at it, in a safer area. Finally managed to get it going, but absolutely stunk of petrol.
Gave it a blast out to hopefully clear it all out and get it back to normal status then went and filled with fuel. Was fine starting after that all night.
This morning, it wouldnt start up properly and took a few seconds longer than normal. Surely it should of been fine...
Do you think I should go get it checked out? or just keep an eye on it and see if it carrys on?
Regards
Peter.

P.S is there any Mobile Phone holders for the ibiza? I tried stick on dash one, but they just dont stick, also dont want a windscreen one if possible due to sat nav taking that up? since we got akward vents aswell lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's under warrenty I'd take it back and get them to check it. I had a similar problem a month or so ago, but it didn't smell of petrol and only happened once. If you're turning the engine over for longer than normal the oil light will flash because the engine is looking for oil pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firstly i'm new to this forum so hey everyone!
I had a similar problem with my last car after moving it off the drive, I couldn't make head or tail of it (which was kinda embarrassing as I was working as an apprentice Technician for Renault at the time!) so I spoke to one of the technical engineers and he told me that, dirving such a short distance whilst the car is overfueling ('cos it's cold) essentially 'washes' the bore. This crates a really poor seal around the piston. Compression and the ability to draw in fuel and air then suffers, this stops the car from starting. The only thing you can do is wait and keep cranking. It made sense and i'd never had any problems before or after. May not have been the problem with your car but thought i'd post this just in case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, well to let you know I have also had a similar problem...

Basically my car would turn over but refuse to start, So I called the AA. The guy said to me was its flooding. He said when you get in the morning, put your foot right down on the gas until it catches, and loan behold it starts. It used to start really bumpy and after a few seconds of it being really bumpy it would be fine. So took the car to Seat garage, and after 8times of it going there with things like starter coils being replaced etc, it finally came down the head gasgit being blown, I hope this helps.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts