SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if my 2003 Leon SE originally came with stereo controls on the steering column. I thought that was a common feature on just about every modern car, but mine doesn't have them.

I bought it second hand last year, and it has an aftermarked stereo. I'm looking at replacing the stereo (I want an AUX input for connecting my MP3 player) but it would also be nice to haev controls on the steering column. I can't find any new stereos with column remotes (though Sony seem to do IR remotes), so it looks like most stereos link into OEM remotes using an adaptor.

Would it be possible to retro fit OEM controls?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I think Leigh's right, dont think any of them came with steering controls. I've seen adaptors to fix stereo remotes to the steering wheel (Pioneer in particular) but thats about as much as you'll be able to get I think

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I'm pretty surprised about that. The spec of the rest of the ar is pretty high, so it's odd they never put that in.

I wonder if it's possible to put controls for a Golf or an A3 in (or even a different SEAT)? I'm just so used to having the stereo controls close to hand!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
if you can attach them then I dont see why not!! Its just a plug that wires through to behind the stereo, then as long as you've got the right aftermarket adaptor for your new stereo all should be fine :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so are there any SEAT models that come with a column remote, or should I be looking at VW? Also, where can I find part numbers and prices once I've found one? Sorry if this is an obvious question.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I don't think any have come with column mounted remote controls, only steering wheel mounted controls, so you'd be looking at a whole new wheel :( The later model Mk4 Ibiza's have them, as do the current Leon, Toledo and Altea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.