SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seat Odeon stereo fitted in my Alhambra and want to connect an MP3 player to the CD changer connection. I have stereo keys for VW Audi and Beetle and they slot in OK and make a nice "click" but I cannot get the unit to budge!

Any help gratefully received!!!!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
you just gotta push them in wiggle them round a bit and pull at the stereo basically!

·
Registered
62 Posts
dont want to sound off
but are youusing the right keys or slotting the stereo keys in the right place
as they dont go right at the edge of the head unit but just to the inside of it
on my own they push in and click as you said but need a sharp pull to release them
HTH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Michael 274

I think I have the correct key as all the others in the kit do not "lock in" in the same way. The VW one is a fat cross and the merc is a rounded slope but the new beetle/audi key is a sharp angle with a notch near the top and as I said it does click into place well. The slots (4) are at the top and bottom of the unit and are horizontal (above the mix button) if that makes sense!

Does that sound right to you??

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
does not make sense i am afraid
my old head unit were at the sides but had to look for the slots to index the removal keys/pins but are likes of maybe 5mm from the outside front edge

as the last head units was an old ford with the 2 holes on each side and the other the removal pins went down the outmost edge

but if its the later bamma i can grab the tray thats above/below(epends on the preference) and give it a s jiggle/wiggle/shuggle /shake whatever you want to call it(LOL) and can get the tray out then the head unit without the removal keys
HTH again

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
im not exactly sure what that stereo looks like, can you get a pic? you should only ever need 2 keys

·
Registered
33 Posts
What a hideous device!

Looks like you need 4 keys - and probably 4 hands to get it out. I thought the Liceo "wasn't very nice". The one I liked was the 2007, but I guesss that's still cr*p compared with a good Pioneer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update
Went to Seat main dealer to get a few bits and a fitter had a quick look at the stereo.......and couldn't get it out!
I'll have to book it in for them to have a proper look but it might be that it is somehow jammed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts