SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Bristol last night to see some friends parked on Whiteladies Road. Returned to my car about 1am to find my spoiler stolen.
Really annoyed!!

Can anyone tell me prices for a new spoiler Mk4 Seat Ibiza 2.0S?
Fitting/spraying costs?
Possible upgrades?

Also got a hole where waterjet was and a bit concerned about water getting in? Any ideas!

Please help

Matt

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
what the hell :s never heard of anyone stealing a standard spoiler before :( that sucks...just ring a dealer mate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it! Rang a dealer but they are closed. Been on the phone to insurance and they will cover it just not sure what is going to cost. My excess is a 100 quid so I will have to pay that. Wanna know if it is possible to get it done cheaper!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking the same! I really need to know how much the part will cost problem I am seriously tempted to get a cupra spoiler instead but not sure of difference in price! What do you reckon don't know if insurance will swallow that! Got some good connections in the bodywork departement and thought if it was just over or around the 100 quid mark then I might as well pay for it myself! Never realised had sad the car looks without the spoiler!

Matt

·
Registered
793 Posts
Is this the standard rear roof spooler you've have pinched? The one at the top of the rear screen?

Only that is bolted in four places from the inside. You can see the bolts when you open the boot, I've just checked mine to make sure. So unless you left the boot/car unlocked or not shut it properley when you were last in it, how on earth did they get it it off?

I would definitely be going through the insurance, as I would be having the tailgate checked in full for any signs of forced entry.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This post continues from my what I thought was just a stolen spoiler however as I pulled up outside my house and saw my front bonnet I saw a huge dent on the front. At a closer look some **** has obviously ran over my car.

There is a huge dent in the bonnet followed by several dents in the roof polished off by a missing spoiler as I am sure came off as they slid down the back of my car! Charming! Got a quote today and it was priced at £1200. It needs a lot of work because some idiot thought my car was a playground. Insurance said they would cover it but with 250 excess I am not happy! Funniest of all it was Friday the 13th when it happened. I have already looked into getting a cupra spoiler instead any other possible mods to make the most of my misfortune!

Matt

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
mattcogg;784182 said:
This post continues from my what I thought was just a stolen spoiler however as I pulled up outside my house and saw my front bonnet I saw a huge dent on the front. At a closer look some **** has obviously ran over my car.

There is a huge dent in the bonnet followed by several dents in the roof polished off by a missing spoiler as I am sure came off as they slid down the back of my car! Charming! Got a quote today and it was priced at £1200. It needs a lot of work because some idiot thought my car was a playground. Insurance said they would cover it but with 250 excess I am not happy! Funniest of all it was Friday the 13th when it happened. I have already looked into getting a cupra spoiler instead any other possible mods to make the most of my misfortune!

Matt
Its times like this I'm glad I'm with Direct Line. Although technically you are 'at fault' for the purpose of the claim, Direct Line don't charge you the excess, and they don't touch your NCD!

Sorry to hear about your troubles though mate. At £1200, they've obviously done a lot of damage. As far as fitting the Cupra spoiler goes, its probably worth having a word with bodyshop it gets taken to 'on the quiet' and see if they will do you a deal and fit the Cupra spolier instead for a quick back hander. You might get lucky ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I was thinking not sure of the different in price! Think I might get my bump strips painted at the same time! Makes sense! Tell me more about direct line I am interested!

·
Registered
6 Posts
stealing a spoiler? what is this world coming to? it's these sorts of antics that really gets my back up, along with keying peoples bodywork and bird poo splutters all over your car when you've just finished leathering it off!

gutted for ya mate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.