SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my car remapped last year and after to 'ripping it up' i found my turbo bearing had practically died. not a problem thats what warrenties are for :yes4lo: . anyway i had the car set back to standard and turbo swapped out. now a few months down the line i notice that if i rev just above say 2200 rpm then drop off power, posible junction or sunday driver then put foot back down slowly then i get this strange stutter, according to something i read (prob the manual) the turbo is already spooled up so I dont get what the problem is? a mate said it 'could' be the ecg valve as sometimes it gets 'coked up with ****'

anyone know what the problem is likely to be ? i got my 50k service in a few weeks and could raise the query, but obviously dont want to cause any suspicions ??:eek:o7dt:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Sounds like the BLT stutter - but you shouldn't get it having a Cupra - strangely this is the second Cupra TDI I've heard of having this problem now - it's supposed to only affect the FR's....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leighharris;784316 said:
Sounds like the BLT stutter - but you shouldn't get it having a Cupra - strangely this is the second Cupra TDI I've heard of having this problem now - it's supposed to only affect the FR's....
ok what does this mean in simple terms? would it be something i could get done in my service i got booked in for in about 2 weeks? is it anything to do with repalcement turbo/ previous old remap?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mikey LCR;784433 said:
Could be a split in the turbo intake pipe I had two go on mine and the dealer had seen the fault on TDIs also, do you get much of a whistling when on boost?
i just assumed it was the normal whistle, would there be a big loss of power aswell with broken pipe?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Depends on the size of the hole, mine was making quite a loud noise but I thought it was normal, then I went to a RR and was well down on power. The second time it went it was much more obvious as I was getting stuttering performance on boost.

When it's running well like now I can still just hear it but it's not nearly as obvious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a TDI SE 110 and I am having problems with my turbo. The problem doesnt show itself everytime which is quite frustrating and it is normally when you hit 60mph it completely dies and from there on in it is really really slow. Weird thing is you can switch the engine off and switch it on again and it will work perfectly fine!! My mate has a golf tdi and he had the same problem as me and his garage just fitted a new turbo - that was the only way to fix it apparently. My garage is refusing to do this (my car is under warranty) as the say there is nothing wrong with the turbo.

Has anyone else suffered this problem and if so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jenny

Dealers are instructed to remove turbo's and clean them before replacing them...however the problem returns eventually. Who is your garage and how do they know the turbo is ok?
Some vehicles need what is called a Flash update....this is a software update which we get from SEAT UK every couple of months you may need this and should be done before any repairs are done to the engine and management system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts