SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite ......its coming up to TRAX etc ...and there's gonna b a show n shine thingy.

What products do people recommend to polish the car with? And don't say sandpaper & glue in an attempt to eliminate some of the competition :g :no:

....so, lets have sum suggestions u cleaning dissorder freaks! :D ;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
After reading that it's reminded me that my dad has a tin of Auto Glym High polish at home.

In general r pastes better than liquids? Whats the difference? Which is quicker to use with the best results?

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I like the Autoglym, but I've got a bottle of the Turtle Wax stuff with the carnuxxx (how do you spell it!) in it.

What am I doing wrong though when I sometimes see swirls on my paintwork after I've polished...not taken the wax off quick enough, not enough elbow grease...who can help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the swirl marks are from taking the polish off too abrasively. Try a softer cloth and not pressing too hard. Anyone else got any tips?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I swear by AutoGlym.

The above picture shows a 16 year old car washed with normal Halfords shampoo, polished with Super Resin Polish and finished with Super Gloss Protection!

I'll try and find another picture to show you the difference!

Tom

·
Registered
858 Posts
i bought some stuff the other day from halfords, its called "Zymol"
its Fantastic stuff. £15, my car has never looked so clean.I Highly recommend it. Has even got rid of the swirls on my paint. Take a look here. tells you why its so good.
http://www.zymol.com/onestp2.htm
Your local halfords will have some.
It will make your cars look fantastic for Trax.

James.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I use zymol too:D its fantastic I put it on weeks ago and my car is parked under trees most of the time:( but just a quick wash with warm water the shine comes back:D

Takes a while to apply but when you spray the water on to get the maximum gloss finish it looks the biz:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a three stage cleaning set that ........

1. Prepares the paintwork
2. Polishes
3. Shines, Karnuba Wax or whatevee it is

Still not getting all of the swirls out tho :(

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have some of that 'Mur' stuff... pretty good.. bit expensive but certainly does the trick.. keps it shiny for quite a while and easy to apply and remove.. even in sunshine (as I found out one day when the sun came out alf way through polishing)

All the big showrooms though like Ferarri and Porsche and that use AutoGlym to do their cars... so I would guess that they would be using the best stuff.. !!?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've been using vw's new car polish/wax stuff, expensive for a small bottle but works a charm. car comes up very nice and i can go 2-3 weeks without washing (scottish weather) and it still beads up when cleaned. i guess if u really wanna go to town u could use a high shine wax on top for full effect.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've got quite a few swirls on my paintwork...always thought it was done from the factory.....

I currently use Autoglym show and shine spray....

The super polish resin LEAVES a resin.........so don't use that anymore.

Also well adviced to use a cloth that doesn't leave that stuff people....i can't remember what you call it. :(

But for cleaning.....MR BUCKDEN is ya man....

I mean, who else spends 4 hours cleaning his car at a show, then brings out a SE SHOW AND SHINE COMPO TROPHY!! hehehe

Which Steve won btw...cos Si winning wouldn't have looked too dodgy right!

The girl he got to present the trophy was spot on though! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.