SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted the recently aquired 20vt suspension to my girlfriends 1.4 N reg ibiza yesterday, along with some bilstein lowering springs - the 20vt suspension slots right on - the springs are meant to be different sizes, but funnily they looked identical!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would have thought you'd have been sick and tired of my reviews by now! :D :cn

·
Registered
171 Posts
My project for the Ibiza was to do a budget "performance" car, after years running expensive to run/tune/insure VW's.
So when I get some more bits done I'll do some reviews. No good at fitting stuff though and don't have a digi-camera but I can string a few words together....

G

·
Originally posted by ScottyP
would have thought you'd have been sick and tired of my reviews by now! :D :cn
Nah Scott, dont ever get fed up of your reviews as you are our reviews lol!;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Steve - any other surplus bits from the 20vt?
Visited Basingstoke last November for "work" purposes seemed a good place - bars were heaving on the Thursday night!:D

G

·
Originally posted by BeezerDiesel
Hey Steve - any other surplus bits from the 20vt?
Visited Basingstoke last November for "work" purposes seemed a good place - bars were heaving on the Thursday night!:D
Front brakes inc....

2x caliper's, 4x 280mm disks(2 standard & 2 Grooved) 2x pad carrier's, pads, hoses,

Other bits knockin about, ill have a look!

Basingstokes ok, you alway's hate you home town tho don't ya!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by Steve

Front brakes inc....

2x caliper's, 4x 280mm disks(2 standard & 2 Grooved) 2x pad carrier's, pads, hoses,

Other bits knockin about, ill have a look!

Basingstokes ok, you alway's hate you home town tho don't ya!
I take it you have bwembos now?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Brakes will have to be looked at but can't at the moment due to the type of wheels I'm running - dished 15" - not enough clearance for 280mm's; will look into getting hold of some different wheels sometime; eg. standard 16" SEAT ones second hand or even mk3 Beezer Sport 15" jobbies if there's enough clearance.
I know who to come to though when the brakes issue comes up ;)
Keep looking for your surplus bits though - if they're cheap they'll go on!!!!:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
20vt Suspension fits TDI.....
Following on from the original thread, the standard 20vt suspension fits the TDI Ibiza with no problems.
Acquired Badger5 Bills old but little used original suspension and Bill supplied me with some H&R lowering springs (new) and they all go together nicely.
Body roll much reduced
Nose dive under braking much reduced also
Ride good for lowering springs (mind you it hasn't dropped much thankfully) so H&R recommended - and believe me I'm fussy when it comes to springs as I've had some that ride awfully in the past.
So if you drive a bottom of the food chain Ibiza and want a cheap upgrade - there's plenty of people on here that have Cupra Turbo models who have upgraded to full-on kits after a minimal mileage and have their old suspension lying around unused.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts