SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ive had my new alloys fitted and i now want the car lowered,

to improve stance and handling what are my best options?

Im buying a strut brace later this month(i know it wont help stance but handling)

·
Registered
92 Posts
i am using the KW sports kit...its a set so no need to start looking and experimenting what combination feels right for the car.

Keep away from billstein.The rear of your car will become a bit unstable so many guys dont use them.

H&R springs will feel nice combined with some good shocks.

Eibach+sachs performance shocks will be nice for twisty roads but since eibach are quite stiff, your teeth may come off riding over bumps..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BRW, do yo have any links handy for the KW Sport kit, how much lower is it than normal.
also i no there is a difference between shocks and springs sets and coilovers but what exactly is it??

·
Registered
951 Posts
Coilovers are usually stiffer (read harsher) and usually height adjustable and damping adjustable.
Oh and they're more expensive than spring + damper set ups.
To be honest, a decent spring + damper combo is probably the best way to go...90% of the time I'd say.
I've got a "soft-ish" coilover set-up on my car and its alot stiffer than standard.
Plus with coilovers you're forever messing about with ride height and tweaking the damping settings...Or that could just be me :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
What slim said really.

personally for my 1.4 litre ibiza i believe a coilover kit is a bit too much.

i am getting an 20vt anyways, so i couldnt justify a coilover but still...i believe its a lot of money.

Thats why i went for the KW sports kit.

I paid 500 euros for the kit and its 3.5cm advertised.its anice suspension, but since i love twisty roads etc, i believe a stiffer suspension may have been better...then again, it might have been too stiff then...lol...

i agree too. a coilover suspension is the best option but its too much money...

a variant 2 for my next car will be my choise :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts