SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 110 isn't a PD, at the 30K service a Seat dealer put VW PD oil into my 110. It wouldn't have done the engine any harm, but it did put a bigger hole in my pocket since the stuff is rather expensive.

Just had the 40K service done at an independent garage (it's of warranty now) the invoice didn't say what oil they used but cost about 17 pounds.

If you're doing the job yourself try going to Halfords, I think they have little books for the oil telling you want to put in your car.

Other than that a 15/40w semi synthetic should be fine, but make sure that it's made for a turbo diesel not a petrol engine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chriswales;781962 said:
The 110 isn’t a PD, at the 30K service a Seat dealer put VW PD oil into my 110. It wouldn’t have done the engine any harm, but it did put a bigger hole in my pocket since the stuff is rather expensive.

Just had the 40K service done at an independent garage (it’s of warranty now) the invoice didn’t say what oil they used but cost about 17 pounds.

If you’re doing the job yourself try going to Halfords, I think they have little books for the oil telling you want to put in your car.

Other than that a 15/40w semi synthetic should be fine, but make sure that it’s made for a turbo diesel not a petrol engine
went to GSF and got FUCHS oil and a mann filter - total £27

was fully synthetic oil as well - very pleased as its now all changed and i manaed to advance the injection timing as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts