SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Predictions, stories and Fiesty banter post it here !!!

Any Wimbledon Supporters in the house ?? If so, your boys are gonna get a whipping tomorrow.....3-0 to THE MIGHTY GILLINGHAM !!!!!!!!

G

·
I wonder where the Wimbeldon fans will be coming from?

MK or Wimbledon and how will you manage to support a South London club in MK?

Confusing oh yes!

I am from Leeds so I will be supporting Man Utd NOT!

Anyone fancy a wager on the outcome of the title?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd put a **** and hen on Liverpool finally winning the title again.

I think Spurs and 'Boro will be the surprise packages and finish in the top 6.

And I just hope the Scummers (Southanmpton) finally get relegated. :D

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea mate. Although getting a tenner out of me will be an achievment !!! Only joking.

I'd be up 4 it as long as I don't draw Birmingham (said in a Jasper Carrot kind of way ).

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Sweepstake sounds good, but what about the Scots?

I just know Celtic are gonna hump the Gers again this year :p

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No offence Dave but unless you got Celtic in a sweepstake then you'd hardly be on the edge of your seat all season thinking.... I wonder if I'm going to win !!

I thought all the other SPL clubs apart from the BIG 2 were quitting the league ???

G

·
They are but they are contracted in for another two years and me thinks there is bigger picture here!

If Celtic and Rangers are left without a league then surely it opens it up for them to join the Football League?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
You hear a different story every week regarding this lot.
It's basically a power struggle. Celtic and Rangers being the big players, want a larger share of any voting etc... eg: of £47m for a BSkyB deal, Celtic and Rangers wanted something stupid like 30% each, and the other 10 teams split the remainaing 40% between them.

Oddly enough - the other 10 are fed up being pushed around by them :rolleyes:, and aren't too owilling to agree to another such deal.

I see what you mean about the sweepstake though. You could get 'Partick Thistel Nil' or any of those other strugglers, and be as well not bothering to watch in earnest!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Originally posted by Gills Fan
Partick Thistle...now there's a team !! A bit of a Stenhousmuir man myself LOL
They're more commonly known as 'Partick Thistle Nil' up here, cos that's what the announcer calls them on the Saturday Scoreboard :p :D :p :D :p

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Celtic will beat Weegie Rangers... A colleague is a Rangers fan so I have a bet with her that Celtic will win.. lol

In the english league I would say Liverpool... !!!

Being from near Hull.. of course I am a ........... 'Pool follower.. logical eh? lol

L
I
V
E
R
P
Double O
L
LIVERPOOL
FC... !!! and all that.. lol

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
they used to use that chant in liverpool to educate the locals as a spelling test... cos non of the skeemy gits went to school... too busy out nicking cars.. :p lmao

only joking.. could say the same about most places I guess..

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If Si and the gang were up 4 it we could run a simple version of a Fantasy footie league ??? I'd be happy to set one up and like a sweepstake there could be a end prize and the rest to charity.

Let us know peeps.

Obviously we'd have to act quick as the season starts next week for the BIG boys. Here would be my proposed plan :

£5 entry....to Si..??? (too much ??)

Choose a team of 11 players consisting of 1x Goalkeeper 4x defenders 4x midfielders 2x strikers. We could use the Sun newspaper to determine who plays what position.

Only allowed ONE player from any team. i.e If you have Beckham in your team you wouldn't be allowed any other Man Utd player.

Simple scoring system of 2 points if the team your player plays for wins, 1 point if they draw, -1 if they lose. 3 points if any of your players score and -1 if your keeper conceeds any.

Like I said I'd be happy to sort the scoring out each week hence why I kept it simple !! :D

All this was off the top of me head and probably looks ***** but hey off to USC tomorrow so don't care. :p

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only 600 odd Wimbledon fans turned up for their opening game !!!! Looks pretty pants for them. BIGUP to my boys for a good start to the new season....Derby next !!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I think the mighty Gers will claim the SPL this year. I think Rangers and Celtic (scum) were quite right about getting 30% each. How can the other ten teams complain. They cant even fill their stadiums each week.

IMO all the teams in the English Premier dont want Rangers and Celtic simply because they would get beat. Both are probably (except Man U) the biggest teams in Britain. You have got to remember that they have got huge following in Ireland.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts