SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am really thinking about gettin my leon cupra 1.8t 20v remapped.i think my car is 180 psi at the moment not sure how much it improves thou.ive not done any mods to my car yet.has anyone had it done yet and is it a good improvement.would it still be okay even thou it isnt a cupra r.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I think you mean 180 PS ;)

PS stands for Pferdestärke, which literally translated means 'horse strength'. Multiply the PS figure by 0.9864 to convert into BHP, i.e. the Cupra 20VT is 177.5BHP :)

Lots of people have had remaps on their Cupra's, FR's & LCR's etc. It will make a noticeable difference - even on an otherwise standard engine.

Star Performance in Fife would probably be the closest tuner to you. They come highly recommended and Jim is regarded as one of the best.

For around £450 you could take your Cupra up to 210BHP

It would be worth changing your plastic Bosch DV for a Forge unit, which is much more robust & more reliable. You can buy these direct from Forge. Another worthwhile investment would be a Green cotton panel filter.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.my friend said you can get a 2nd stage of the remapping.is that true or false? if true roughly how much power would that give out.plus would you have to do some modifying for such a power increase? i.e brakes

G

·
Stage 2 is normally done when you have other modifications that the ECU can be mapped to for instance an FMIC, a Turbo Back Performance exhaust

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yea give Jim @ Star a call :)

I've got a 180PS Leon, now running around 215 - although i've also got a lot of other (non-engine) mods :)

Re-map & pannel filter are the best options, Forge 007 Recirc Valve is something you should add as/when you can (about £85 fitted for the 007).

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts