SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have 51000 on the clock and want to change my timeing belt, what i wanted to know is how much does it cost to get done and what parts are needed to do the job?. I spoke to a garage today and he quoted me £300, i nearly droped dead on the spot!!!!! lol thx all kind regards TRIG:].

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
£300 does seem alot just for the timing belt! BTW, its usually best to change the water pump at the same time - they can wear loose, and its easier to do with the belt off.

You'll need the belt itself, plus tensioners - I think there's a kit available. Also a water pump too.
Personally I'd not attempt changing the belt myself, just in case anything went wrong - byebye engine!

·
Registered
88 Posts
was in the SEAT dealer today and on the price board it was about £170 for a cam blet change (but this was for the smaller engine arosa 1.0L not the 1.4 16V) might be worth giving them a ring, although I would still reccomend finding a smaller garage thats prices will be alot cheaper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all, i am still trying to recover from earlier on when i phoned seat about changeing my belt, they quoted me a whooping £462!!!!, i said to the guy, your haveing a laugh arent you, tell me the real price, and guess what, he hung up lol, FECKING daylight robbery!!!, TRIG:].

1 - 13 of 13 Posts