SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
asked at the dealer about changing my timing belt on my lcr 03.they told me it does not need changing until it hits 120,000 miles (at 60,000 miles now). so i was wondering what you guys think 60 or 120?

all my other cars have been changed at 60,000 but the were a ford mondeo and a rover zs180.

thanks

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think the official line is one at each, i was told around 60000, got it done about 55 just in case. I also asked Jim and star perf the last time i was up when the next one should be and he said 120. I would definetely get it changed soon, you really dont want a failure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The LCR service log says it should be inspected at 60,000 miles and every 30,000miles after until a maximum 120,000 miles when it must be changed.
I had a nightmare with my timing belt (thread on forum) when it was changed by a non main dealer so I would deffo air on the side of caution and pay the extra £40 for a VAG main dealer change!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
it's inspect from 60k onwards and change if ANY signs of wear, change at 120k no matter what or i think after 4 or 5 years if very low milage.

If you are running standard and allow the car to warm-up & cool-down, dont can it everywhere and look after it then do as the book says and save some cash.

If it's chipped, you track-day it or just can it about everywhere then get it done sooner :)

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no just standard and dont use it much been sitting on my drive since december..to much work to be done on it.miss the drive.but getting some cash together to put it back on the road...using a 1.2l nova!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
my leon cupra is an `02 plate with 50k , and I just had the timing belt & water pump replaced . After it was changed the garage said the belt was`nt too bad , but I did`nt want to take a chance as most manufacturers say to change after 5 yrs . Change the water pump for one with a metal impellor , when they took my old one off the impellor was in pieces . Paid £274inc at a local vag spec

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ouch.....these cars do cost alot to keep on the road or is it the way we drive them!!!! the way im going its going to be rip to my lcr.the house or the car tuff choice.

:pop-out kenwood unit.6.5"headrest screens.new turbo gauge in drivers side air vent. fdv.new front splitter.new ebc discs all round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts