SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm new on here.

For the past 4 weeks, I have been experiencing issues with my car (1.2TSi Toldeo 2015 reg). I recently got a full service and 2 days later the car cuts out while reversing from a parking bay at the supermarket and it doesn't start up again. At 1st, I thought it may be the battery however I have been informed by 3 separate garages that it is fine.

After getting the car working again, a few days later it cuts out again while changing lanes on a busy junction. The car started working after 2hrs and I took it straight back to the garage which carried out the full service.

They checked it out and got a fault code for low fuel pressure. As a result, they deemed the new fuel filter was faulty and replaced it with a VW original part. Car was working fine again for another week before it cut out again while driving. This time, within 2 mins it started back up again and the car remained fine for another 5 days until it died while revering the car after dropping the kids off to school.

I have used a whole bottle of redex in the fuel to help clean up any sludge in the system. this helped the car start the 5th time it died. The car keeps doing this now very randomly every few days.

Can anyone please help to shed some light on the matter of what could be the issue?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, I'm new on here.

For the past 4 weeks, I have been experiencing issues with my car (1.2TSi Toldeo 2015 reg). I recently got a full service and 2 days later the car cuts out while reversing from a parking bay at the supermarket and it doesn't start up again. At 1st, I thought it may be the battery however I have been informed by 3 separate garages that it is fine.

After getting the car working again, a few days later it cuts out again while changing lanes on a busy junction. The car started working after 2hrs and I took it straight back to the garage which carried out the full service.

They checked it out and got a fault code for low fuel pressure. As a result, they deemed the new fuel filter was faulty and replaced it with a VW original part. Car was working fine again for another week before it cut out again while driving. This time, within 2 mins it started back up again and the car remained fine for another 5 days until it died while revering the car after dropping the kids off to school.

I have used a whole bottle of redex in the fuel to help clean up any sludge in the system. this helped the car start the 5th time it died. The car keeps doing this now very randomly every few days.

Can anyone please help to shed some light on the matter of what could be the issue?

Many thanks in advance.
My son is having exactly this issue with his Ibiza which sounds like it has the same engine, and we are going through the same parts - fuel pressure switch, filter, LP fuel pump… Did you solve it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts