SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...let's begin the toXXin car hunt!

I'm off to SEAT tomorrow to see if they can do me some big favours and find me cars!

Thanks to Abi for finding out about the TDI 110s for me, as there are none left I am now going down in the TDI ranks. The TDI 110 was going to be rediculous to insure anyway so I best get real!

OK now the plan is to source an unregistered TDI 90 in the form of a .Cool/S or a Chill!

As the Chill was a runout model there should still be a fair few about, especially in Ebony Black! Hopefully they made the TDIs in 3 door though as What Car says different, but they are also wrong about the 110 which is a 3 door model and not a 5!

My plan is to find one unregistered, haggle on the price (as they will have to admit the demand is now low), goodies and also a possible part ex deal with the Polo.

If I can strike a good enough deal I will put my deposit down and sort out a pick up date for somewhere around the end of September (when my inheritance SHOULD be in my bank account).

Mum's not very happy about all this, because she does not like it when I copy her! What she doesnt understand is that I introduced her to the Ibiza, she thought they were still the square things!

I will update you all tomorrow evening as to what happens!

Tom

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and forgot to mention, still looking at the 1.6 Sport Petrol as well!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do I Abi, if I don't I probably won't buy an Ibiza, I will buy a Polo like I was going to do originally.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Si, I sent you a PM!

I'm getting very desperate now, there's a Y plate 1.4 S in flash red and I am even considering looking at that! I have also seen a MK4 Polo 16v and a MK5 Polo 16v that look very nice.

There is a red TDI S in Leics that I may go and see later on in the week!!

I really am in a frenzy!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well....

I went down earlier (armed with my mum, big mistake!), spoke to one of the sales executives about my needs. He said that they had none in and havent had any coming in for tomorrow. He said the best bet is to wait over the next 2 weeks and see what turns up as far as PXs are concerned.

This made me laugh...if I want a car from another dealer, they have to buy it from them a the price, and sell it to me for more as they need to make money on the sale! Hmmmm, they can give me £1000 for the Polo then!

I will give it a couple of weeks and see what evolves!

Tom

PS I saw something funny earlier, I have the March copy of What Car here and I decided to look at the used car prices. It seems that cars have gone up £1000 since 6 months ago! All the Ibizas I'm looking at are a grand higher now at dealers than what What Car has quoted!

·
Registered
171 Posts
C'mon Tom - don't give up on the TDI!
they seem rare and sought after so don't tend to hang around long in dealers - seem mostly to be bought by switched on members of the enconomy brigade rather than performance orientated people like ourselves but also seem to be quite well looked after in the main unlike a lot of GTI's......
SEAT dealers always seem to charge well over the odds for most SEAT cars second-hand and give naff trade-ins too for non SEAT's in many areas - but they get away with it so will continue to do so.....:mad:
I found mine completely by accident in my local dealership after six months of looking around the country at various models....
By the way I've never seen a three door TDI Ibiza Chill only five's.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they only do 5 door Chill TDIs...bugger!

I'm now determined to get a TDI S/Cool. I know there is a red one in Leicester that I could go and look at, but I have a good feeling that prices will slump as there will be a load more new Ibizas on the road.

They offered me £300 for the Polo without seeing it, I will happily take that but I am going to try and get £500 out of cheekiness and greediness!

Oh and I sat in a 1.2 Ibiza today that my mum was trying to sell to me along with the dealer and I must say I'd rather drive home in the Polo. Inside. it was very dull, had horrible seats and didnt appeal to me, but the outside is now starting to grow on me, looks a lot better in the flesh over pictures!

·
Registered
171 Posts
100bhp new Beezer is starting to appeal to me too now after I initially didn't like it's looks (much cheaper insurance than the 130 and can be chipped like all TDI's) 100bhp one is very torquey as standard too.
I know what you mean about the interior though but I think you could jazz it up fairly easily when stuff becomes availible in time- I found this with my last Beezer TDI three years ago when it was very hard to get bits for it but all that has changed somewhat...
As for prices slumping, I know of a couple of old shape mk2 Beezer TDI's up for nearly £7k !!!!
Saw a silver .cool/S on http://www.findit.co.uk a week or two ago but I think it was in Wales; good price though. I'll look up the url if you want.....
:cn If you're selling your Polo - got any bits you can let me have cheap?!!! - I got a 1985 model as a runaround!!!!!;) :D :

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell me what you are after and chances are I can get it for you!

There were some really nice new Ibizas outside, flash red, arctic grey and ebony black looked gorgeous! The thing is none had spec sheets by them so I didn't know what they were!

Tom

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just found...an Ebony Black 1.6 Sport in Birmingham! :)

It has a pic of a Leon there though, but dont let that deter me! Will try and get info tomorrow, just for my little shortlist!

Tom

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CHEERS ABI! As it's now 1st September, good luck in getting your Cupra! Go out and get it now! :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed a black TDI S gets traded in soon! I am starting to quiver thinking about it!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No MK3 TDIs have turned up, but at the moment I am not caring...

I HAVE A NEW CAR IN MIND!!!

When I was at SEAT on Saturday I was constantly being all 'no to MK4s', but I kinda took a shine to one or two on the forecourt, one being a 1.4 Sport in Arctic Grey. Even my mum commented on how nice it looked!

I thought for fun I'd check out the specs and do an insurance quote for it. At the moment, the cheapest I've got it £1245, which is excellent! No voluntary excess, £1000 audio, courtesy car, unlimited glass!

My plan is to phone the said insurance company with the reg number (it wouldn't take it online) and just make sure!

The car is priced at £10745, is on an 02 plate, has 4000 on the clock. Seems standard spec to me!
If I do take a big shine to it, we'll try for £10k plus my car and try and nab some accessories as well!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking on the SEAT site, theres one that a hundred quid cheaper, done 3000 miles less and has loads more stuff in it!

Will be down SEAT having a big haggle fest then! The other one (about 40 miles away from me!) has all the airbags I was after!

The thing is, I prefer Flash red and probably will prefer Ebony to Arctic Grey, so we'll have to see!

SORRY IF MY RANTS AND CRAZY DECISIONS ARE GETTING ON YOUR NERVES...ITS DOING MY HEAD IN TOO!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Tom, if you fancy a new shape 1.4 Sport, you can have a split new one, how about this?

I had ordered a black magic metallic one, it hasn't been built yet but will be built at the end of this month (week 39 build). That was why I swapped to the Cupra...the build date had been delayed and we discovered the Cupra.

As far as I know, the dealer is still going to get this car delivered to the garage. I think these cars are still quite rare...so if you want a brand new black one, this one will be going to Livingstones in Uddingston.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Abi, as much as I'd love it, I need a car by the end of this month, so I may have to skip it!

When will it be at the dealership and did it have all the extras?

Tom

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Probably wouldn't get into this country until about the 2nd. week of October I would have thought. I'm sure the build week was the last week in September, but apparently they are built in a day! That is the only week of RH drive cars, so maybe it would be in the UK pretty quick.

All the extras I was going to have on it could have been done at the dealers, so nothing was being done to it at the factory.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.