SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using 15" wheels for track days or racing? How about 18"? Make contact if you are, we want to try a little bit of back to back testing with probably the lightest aluminium wheels available {ours :D} Contact by message, e-mail, phone {01543 306681}, or £20 notes with your address on {our favoured option ;)}

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
15s weigh 5½kgs
18s weigh 9.2kgs (as close to ETCC minimum as practical)
Not having weighed standard wheels can't give an exact difference but you'be looking at 2kgs at least I would have thought.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
In November I will be going to a track day at RAF Alconbury with my Leon. I run 8x18 RS4 wheels with 225/40 tyres. I'm happy to do some kind of back to back test for you on that day if you want it doing...

Pete

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15s are our main interest because of their excellent weight, 18s are being tested in Belgium next month on an Evo {the rumours about us choosing that event because there's cheap beer are totally untrue... :D} Still would be interesting to see what you think of them on your car, we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]
what PCD & ET? What tyres are you using?
Oh might be an idea to get a brake caliper profile too......
4 x 100PCD - M12x1.5
Stock offset is ET38

ET35 is also fine.

Bill

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Possibly the best thing we could do is get a set for this track day if it happens, then the lucky people who can get them on {including VWs ;)} will be able to do a comparison ~ god knows what tyres we'd slap on though...... 32Rs possibly (although 006s would be very interesting for us} or would people prefer 'road' tyres?
Thanks to demand and events we won't be dragging any testing sets here until the Mewla, Woodpecker, Flanders and Donnington FIA GT race have passed ~ mid October, then we get Jersey :wow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts