SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone attempted this or even better completed it? pick mine up tomorrow complete with manifold, downpipe, i/cs,oil lines, etc. dost look much room down there for d/pipe though so will see. imagine someone out there has to have done his.

G

·
Originally posted by redman
anyone attempted this or even better completed it? pick mine up tomorrow complete with manifold, downpipe, i/cs,oil lines, etc. dost look much room down there for d/pipe though so will see. imagine someone out there has to have done his.
I looked into this option but wasn't impressed with the price.

Have you got all the inlet pipes? The TT ko4 use's a different size inlet pipe compared to the ibiza(the ibizas use a rubber-metal inlet pipe whereas the tt use a bigger rubber one all the way)

Do you have ALL the pipe work? you going to stuggle if you don't as the tt uses a totally different setup with the twin intercooler's and all.

Did you get the cats? your sinle cat won't mate up to the manifold and ive heard its not good enough for a KKK04, cats melt etc.

Out of interest, how much was it? You can get a direct replacement ko4 for the ibiza that bolts onto the original manifold and pipes etc for £800

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but its the exhaust manifold thats the restrictive part and the tt has a much better design.didnt get all the pipework but am a welder by trade so should be able to fab something up. its lack of space on the front of the beezer that seems to be the biggest pitfall! the twin cats arent a prob, have 3 sets sitting in a local scrappys. not sure that the downpipe will clear everything down the back of the block. trial fit is the only way.have the golf version of the 18t sitting from my last project so if needs be can salvage piping from that(beezer uses golf chassis legs so golf arrangement SHOULD fit) to mount i/c in d side front and then all i need is to fab pipe to join to original beezer i/cooler and then from that cooler up use original piping

1 - 3 of 3 Posts