SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving this morning I think the turbo (Leon 110 TDi 52 plate) has stopped working! Only problem is that I need the car for the next few days so cannot get it into a garage, can I do any damage driving without the turbo working?

Just seemed that at one point the turbo was working and then at the next dual carriageway pulled out and there was no pull at all, anyone with suggestions before I take it to Seat to see what the problem is?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i had something similar there is a pipe from the inlet manifold to the ecu which gives the pressure that had frayed which meant it did boost but then it would go into limp
fix was to cut the frayed end off and to reconnect

·
Registered
50 Posts
which engine have you got mate?

which engine code?

if you have an ASV engine, there are some small valves at the back of the engine bay against the bulk head, one of these is a small reed valve which can block up which can cause the turbo to cut out, you can remove it and run the car but i cant garentee that it would work, but are cheap to replace from SEAT VW etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.