SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or in recent years are loads of kid being kidnapped/killed?

I am only 21 but i vividly remember when Jamie Bulger was killed by those 2 yobs.

It just seems like there is a couple every year and i think htere has been at leats 3 this year!

WTF is going on!:(

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Steve...... it is very distressing hearing about all these kids that go missing.... it makes u more protective of your own children and l know for one l am guilty of it and that is not letting my daughter play outside without me being there watching her all the time......l'm just scared incase someone grabs her.....there are paedophiles here too which doesn't help!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
tis true mate. It does seem there have been more being kidnapped/ killed during these recent years. I can remember jamie bulger incident quite well. upseting. :(

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I agree with you all. It is so scary what is happening these days to kids. But I also find it staggering just the number of assualts, rapes and murders that go on these days. Why do people do these things? I don't understand, I especially don't understand when kids are involved.

I'm on jury service this week as of today. I guess I'm gonna get my eyes opened. :(

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I think you will actually find that the numbers of serious crimes committed in the UK have actually fallen over the past 10 years and that the numbers of murders and abductions is less than it was.

the number of gun related crimes has increased, but that is related to a change in the culture of the world.

the reason it appears there are more is due to the fact that we see every one of them on television in full colour and surround sound. It is all part of the media train that pushes into the realms of perhaps knowing too much and causing us to over protect everyone and everything, making us become insular and actually creating the twisted minds that commit these crimes by allowing them the time and resource to develop into their strange ways.

People must remember the increased coverage and information resources we have today. Sometimes makes it difficult to establish trends and patterns unless figures are reviewed.

I agree that the world is 'still' a twisted place for some people and think the culrpits of these crimes should 'pay'.. some day society may find an effective way to stop them.. ???

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I live ONE mile away from where a student was sexually assaulted then killed here on the Isle of Wight. Just what possesses (spelling) someone to do such a thing ???

Like Jennie says makes you soooooo much more protective of your own. I have 2 girls aged 6 & 3 and wouldn't let them out my sight now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Scoobster
I think you will actually find that the numbers of serious crimes committed in the UK have actually fallen over the past 10 years and that the numbers of murders and abductions is less than it was.

the number of gun related crimes has increased, but that is related to a change in the culture of the world.

the reason it appears there are more is due to the fact that we see every one of them on television in full colour and surround sound. It is all part of the media train that pushes into the realms of perhaps knowing too much and causing us to over protect everyone and everything, making us become insular and actually creating the twisted minds that commit these crimes by allowing them the time and resource to develop into their strange ways.

People must remember the increased coverage and information resources we have today. Sometimes makes it difficult to establish trends and patterns unless figures are reviewed.

I agree that the world is 'still' a twisted place for some people and think the culrpits of these crimes should 'pay'.. some day society may find an effective way to stop them.. ???
So are you saying that you think the media is responcable for these people?

Do they want the attention of all the media or something like that?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There was an incident in the Edinburgh Grassmarket on Saturday where a 17 year old lass was nearly raped in a pub toilet
The only reason she was not was cause bar staff came in and the bloke did a runner

There are some real sick and desperate people out there and as far as I am concerned they should all be :rambo:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Steve:

I in no way suggested that what these 'people' (loosely refer to them as that, as they are not people, but animals) are doing something as a result of the press or doing something that is right.

I stated that the reason we can sometimes believe the situation is getting worse is not due to the situation actually getting worse but due to the fact that we see it in surround sound and full 32inch wide screen every time we turn on the tele..

The media as I am sure you are well aware IS responsible for pushing incorrect evidence and making many mistakes that mislead the public.

This increased awareness of the world around us is both a benefit and a hinderance.

It allows us to be aware of where the dangers are and how we can avoid dangerous situations, but it also scaremongers and in some cases provides too much information, forcing people to become insular and wrap themselves up so tight that in the eventuality that they have to ventrue out into places unknown they are not well prepared or ready for the situations that lay ahead.

I think that it is finding a happy balance between being cautious and staying safe and ensuring that we are fully prepared for tough situations and how we need to handle them.. To use a cheap and tacky word for it.. we need to be 'streetwise' and know the score.. Enter everything you do with your eyes wide open knowing what you want and how you can get it... be prepared for any eventuality....

There are some places I just wouldn't put myself, as I feel the risks outweigh the benefits... but then again if push came to shove I feel prepared enough to encounter those risks if the situation was totally dependant upon it... confidence is required.. but needs to sit alongside logic and sound reasoning...

I would love there to be no crime and no twisted people in the world.. but that isn't a possibility with the human species.. so we need to get out there and do what we need/want to do... know where the dangers are and avoid them if possible.. but don't trap youself in a bubble where you think it is safe.. as it does more harm than good...

There you go.. hope that explains my comments... in somewhat rather long winded and metaphorical terms... good job this is the 'general chat' bit init.. lmao

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep the country is going mad! About 6 months ago there was a 16 year old lad that was murdered by a gang of teenagers with tennis rackets about half a mile away at a bus stop!!

The problem I believe has stemmed from the Stephen Lawrence murder (which happened to be 2 minutes from my old school). Since then, the grief the police has had over institutional racism has made them take a step back. They no longer want to risk their pensions as the top boys make useless policies which just arnt applicable on the streets. They also dont have the respect of the public and powers like they use to which causes confontation at many levels. The other main factor is that the Law Courts are just pathetic and leave the plod unmotivated after their efforts! They are far too lenient with reoccuring offenders. There is just no fear of going to prison because most of them are are overcrowded anyway. In this world of hi tech gadgets you would of thought that all these people would be electonically tagged and if caught again be severly repremanded.

At the end of the day what everything boils down to is money!

So on that point I will call it a day and let you know that I will sleep well with my crossbow under my bed.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.