SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saved my money and got a set of Goodyear F1's for the front of the car and I ust say so far great investiment as grip so much better then the standard crap on the Cupra R - Reading from many detail on tyres I see most have gone for them - Next is rears but got about 4mm left on then - Covered 20K on rears now so not too bad

Standard tyres lasted 7K and then 13K so I am hoping Goodyears last longer

I came across a site when looking which was www.etyres.co.uk and paid £115 per tyre and had mobile come to me when they managed to get the right size in as there supplier sent the 17" tyres, apart from screwing my easter break up due to wrong tyres sent (ordered them on a monday for thursday fittent) so not like last minute order plus was due to do 600 miles over the easter break and with tyres close to limit so was not tempted to go with tyre like that I had to make other arrangements, they did turn up on Tuesday and fit them so thumbs up there

Look forward to haveing goodyear F1's all round in due course

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cullen Cupra;785270 said:
be very carefull having them on the front with crap on the rear as the car will have a tendancy to overstear as i can testify with my R when I had it.
Very good point, I'd swap the rear ones onto the front and rip the 4mm off that way, it wouldn't take long :yes4lo:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cullen Cupra;785270 said:
be very carefull having them on the front with crap on the rear as the car will have a tendancy to overstear as i can testify with my R when I had it.
can also vouch for this, made for very exciting cornering till i swapped them round.

Can't see them lasting much longer than the 7k you mentioned, think there quite a soft compound. obviously depends how you drive though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ive just ordered two toyo proxie t1rs which i run all round on my leon.

Ill be getting the rear wheels put on the front and the new ones put on the rear.

Aswell as grip and safety it means I only need to buy two tyres at a time :)

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
good choice.. I always use F1's now..

There is a place in Bracknell that you should be able to get them for less than 115 fitted.... I pay about 75 fitted for mine (225/45/17)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I had F1's after smoking the standard Rosso's. They're a good all round tyre, but no better than the Dunlop Sport Maxx I have on at the moment.

I've also heard the quality varies between batches... there have been a number of people who feel disappointed with their F1's having read so many "good" reviews.

I tend to shop around and try out new tyres each time... just 'cos everyone else has them, doesn't make them the best ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts