SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Guys!

Unfortunately my nice renault megane has just suffered from a complete engine seizure so i have bought an ibiza 1.4.

My brother thiks that i could get a gti upgrade for it as it is quite a nice car and i would not like to get rid of another car.

anyone know if this is true. i know i would need to do some bits and bobs to the engine.

if not any ideas how i can make it faster, the bloody thing is so SSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWW.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
You can drop a GTI block on yeah, what year is it?

The earlier GTI's came with 1.8 8v blocks and the later ones came with 2.0 8v (115 BHP) and 2.0 16v (150 BHP) blocks.

You'd be looking at the engine, gearbox, ECU, clocks and probably the suspension and brakes too.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
If you want a faster car, buy a faster car ;) Unless you're looking for the challenge of doing an engine swap, and the challenge of finding someone who will actually insure it, it just isn't worth it financially to do an engine swap. Of course it can be done, anything can be done with the right amount of money thrown at it. For me, the only time it would be worth it if you want to put in an engine that you couldn't get that car with, such as Badger5's Lupo with the 1.8T engine in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts