SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n gals...

Need urgent help with my rear bushes. Took car in for a service and MOT and it failed on the bushes - totally knackered apparantly (so that's what the heavy clunking thud noise was whenever I went over a bump in the road?!?)

lol

Anyway - I own an unmolested mk3 Seat Ibiza 1.4s (V reg '99) and it's my daily workhorse - I need advice on how to change the rear bushes coz I'm buggered if I'm going to pay £250+ for a garage to do them!

Are they moulded in to the axle and is it simply a case of dropping the axle off, cutting the sides of the bushes and drilling/pushing them out or are they more complex than that?

Am considering poly bushes - anyone recommend a reasonable place that does them (checked ebay and they only come in set for the whole car) - or I may just shove in standard OEM bushes - again anyone recommend anywhere that does them.

Many thanks in advance...

Ade

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
'ello 'n all that :)

Give Jim @ Star Performance a call, a lot cheaper than dealers for work and they are happy doing service/maint work as tuning/remapping (just say Dave with the black Leon said to call)

I dont know the car (have a Leon) but would have though it's 2 hours labour & the parts (about £20/30 per bush on average for Powerflex).

Yes Powerflex are worth the money - lifetime warrenty with 'em :)

BTW - what garage gave you the quote ???

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a local one by me - not a SEAT garage - I live in the middle of nowhere (Balfron). It's £40 labour but I also need front wishbond bush changing so would rather save time and do the rear ones meself if I can.

Nearest Seat Garage to me is morrisons in Stirling

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just replaced all the front suspension on my toledo and that was easy enough but the rear bushes cost me £80.00 labour and I supplied the parts. They said it takes about 1 hour per side.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
You can drill out the old bushes - probably the easiest way. Ideally you'll need a press to fit the new ones although I've heard it's possible to do it with big washers and a length of threaded rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.