SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly mannaged to get on a comp and get my first post since site came back up.

VAG Com got a few questions about it.

1.Is it worth it?
2.What can i do with it and is there a comprahensive juide ojn how to do these things?
3.Where Can i get it?
4.What price is it?

Been told about freeware version. How does this differ from proper version?

Cheers for your help

Mark

G

·
Welcome back Mark, you want to hope that either Bill or Russell see this post as they have VAG COM, I think that Russell paid about £120 for the cable not sure about the actual programme!

I am trying to sources a copy of the VAG COM manual so that we canhave a play!

Russell has done dyno and fault runs with us and its very accurate!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Si's right. i paid 120 for the cable and full software.

the trial software and manual are on the ross-tech site.

the trial software dosnt let you change much from 1-25 out of 0-255 in each block.

We need to get hold of Technical manuals for the Leon and Ibiza - Roly.... over to you.

I'll be taking it to trax aswell if you want to have a play.

·
Registered
251 Posts
what can you do with this....I mean the juicy stuff not erasing faulty codes and engine expection....can you open some hidden features or change how some things operate

What's the best you did with it?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Throttle body alighnment, Door auto lock, window auto up and other cool things like that can all be done

The question we cant answer yet is how...

The modules in the leon and the ibiza are different aswell, this is why we need to get hold of the technical manuals for them both.

Recalibration of the fuel gauge can also be done on the VW and Audis so the Seats probubly can too.

Real time rolling roads (dyno runs) are cool too.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I take it you havent managed it yet either :(

I'm a bit miffed with the Ibiza, It has less modules than the Leon - we cant even get the auto doors... :(

I read on VWVortex that they have done it on some A6's i think...

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I'm probubly getting muddled - I havent played with it in earnest yet (not having my car has seen to that).

So its standard on the A6 - any ideas what it has been done on and what it cant (asa yet)?

·
Registered
728 Posts
As far as i'm aware you can do it on all audi's as they have a differen type of central convenience controller that supports auto windows and it cant be done on a Seat without extra electronics being fitted, might be possible if anyone with a leon has a flodey key as this might indicate the different controller

·
Registered
555 Posts
Auto windas aint in there guys:(

I have it on my leon now cos I added some extra electronics:D I like it and think its pointless it didnt exist in the first place!

I just got something on there that senses the car has been locked and then takes the door lock wire low for 10 seconds! works a treat!

I cant find VAGCOM anywhere now for less that 180 odd quid:(

m

1 - 19 of 19 Posts