SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,

Well I'm dropping my car back to the dealers to see if they can sort out the problem with it not being able to go faster than 80mph, tomorrow. I'm hoping it's nothing serious....but I've been driving it for the weekend...not doing much mileage and it seems to be very heavy on fuel! I'm down to half a tank and I've only done about 180 miles? Is that right? I have been driving it quite heavy mind, but I thought it was still meant to be economical to drive. Could it be tied in with my other problem above?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
180 miles on half a tank is good if you ask me lol!! if you drive the diesel heavily then yes you will drink a lot of fuel....you will see much better gains over a petrol mainly on motorway driving

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Dave - as long as there's nothing wrong with my car - that's the main thing! :yes4lo:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys - had some good news today.....I've just dropped my car off at the dealer...he phoned me this morning to say that one of the engineers in the garage, had noticed the car was low in power the day I picked it up, but forgot to say it to the salesman!!!

At least I know I wasn't imagining it! I have my 1.4 Leon back for the moment. When I collect the TDi, I'll ask exactly what he did to fix it, and I'll let you know...

Anyway, all the best..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the turbo fixed now, I'm not having to "sink the boot" as much to get a bit of speed, so the mileage has gone from 180 miles from half a tank to 300!!! Amazing....delighted!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts