SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be the first to start the ball rolling back in here!

Would thoroughly recommend Livingstones.

Great customer service
Very, very reasonable priced services
Sales team really friendly
Will do services while you wait
Have courtesy cars
Long opening hours for the workshop

Getting my new baby from them sometime next month!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be good to get a Scottish dealer on board me thinks. Wasn't something along those lines happening though...did I read that on the old forum or am I imagining it, which is quite possible! :confused:

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Sorry guys i dont think there that great

gearbox went on my car, towed to there garage, there said they were to busy to look at it, they said 2weeks before they could touch it.

phone AC, eldersile, they said they were busy, but were willing to look at it that day, so car got towed to them, fixed 2 weeks later(took that time cos waiting for gearbox part)

they are about £10 extra for a service, compared to AC

sales: asking about leon R, didnt have any info

AC, did have info, gave me a photocopy

thats about it

dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dave, whatever u do, stay away from AC Elderslie.....

Im not gona go into detail bout what has/is happening with me, but the basics of it is that I picked my car up on Sat morning from its respray and its still not right.

The dealer then challenged me to a fight on the forecourt!!!!!!!!!!! Told him I could take him, but luckily it didnt go that far.

Currently in the process of reporting him to SEAT........

Moral of the Story - Stay the FUKC away from AC..........

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave, sorry to hear you had problems, we've never had one in the two years we've been using them. Guess its just luck sometimes.

As for that other garage chain, they sell cut and shut cars you know, got experience of it. Did I say something about luck earlier on?

Abi

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...again...another thumbs up for these guys!

I went in today for various things, but one of them was to get some niggles with the paintwork looked at. I'd been putting this off for ages with the new car because I was convinced it was going to be a hard slog, especially as I had previously mentioned them...although in all fairness, I hadn't been fobbed off or anything.

Well, I was busy nattering to David Brown, who found my wonderful Cupra for me, and mentioned the paintwork. He disappeared and returned with a bottle of something adamant that he would get some of these strange marks out. I wasn't convinced...but lo and behold!

So, my car looks even more fantastic than it did and I spent £30 on goodies and an hour talking and drooling over cars!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Don't think they are that good either. Went to get my electric windows fixed which to their credit they did but returned my car with a cracked window. When I questioned them about it said it was already there, think I would have noticed a foot long crack. Anyway got National Windscreens out who said it was a stress crack and that I should get it done under warranty rather than pay them £50 which I thought was decent of them. So I then telephoned Livingston and was told that the person who deals with the warranty side was off sick? So only 1 person can cope with this? That to me indicates a poor service and if they weren't the only dealer close to me I wouldn't even consider using them.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear that, but as I have said before, we have had no problems in over two years.

I must admit though, if that was my car with a crack in the windscreen, I wouldn't have let the car leave the premises.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I had stuff to do and couldn't be bothered arguing with them anymore or I would have missed my other appointments. Anyway the next time I visit probably Monday I won't be leaving until the situation is resolved.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Here's an update. Phoned them today and they did agree with me that it sounded like a stress break, then went on to say that if the car was only a month old he would replace it without question but as it was registered in April then he wasn't so sure. I then pointed out that although it was registered in April I have been the only person to drive it as it only had delivery mileage on it when I got it. So the fact that it hasn't been used on the road and therefore components not been fully tested it shouldn't make any difference how old it is. He then said he would contact the Seat warranty department and have an answer for me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Got phonecall today and my window is going to get fixed under warranty yipee! :) But wait for it going to take them 1-2 weeks to do it as they said they have to get the glass from Seat direct :( Anyway maybe they aren't as bad as I thought time will tell. Now I get to use the money I would have spent on Christmas presents isn't this time of year fun?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.