SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reset the ECU on the missus' Cupra 20VT by disconnecting the battery for an hour, as we are running it on Optimax - last owner used normal 95 RON U/L.

Took it out for a run after, and gave it some grief - was only taking it up to 6k rpm in each gear, and coming off a roundabout, 6k in 2nd, the handbrake warning light beeps twice and flashes, then goes off, I change up to 3rd and ease off - it doesn't happen again so I try the same thing - nothing happens.

Now I wasn't redlining it, so why did this happen?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Not sure, these Ibizas are still abit new to me, but Side Show Turbo had a wee problem with his dash board lighting up like a Christmas tree, if I remember it was the brake warning light that flashed, he just topped up the brake fluid.
Try running the car dry then adding the optimax,

thats my guess anyway -

oVV

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Same thing happened to me.....You will find that you need to top up on brake fluid. Coz when you hammer it round corners it goes under the warning level.......so just top it it. not happened since on mine....

Daz..

:D :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Any improvement in performance using optimax??
Its just i thought to get the most benefits the engine has to be set up slightly differently timeing instuff?

G

·
Originally posted by widdowd
Same thing happened to me.....You will find that you need to top up on brake fluid. Coz when you hammer it round corners it goes under the warning level.......so just top it it. not happened since on mine....
Daz..
:D :D
Only had this happen once when making an extreme double direction change of the kind that roundabouts encourage. Figured it may have been oil surge, and it turns out to be brake fluid surge. Thanks for clearing that one up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the standard brake fluid, cant find it in manual.

Toying with idea of flushing and putting dot 5.1 in.

Optimax should benefit as its higher octane, and it seems to have done.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Optimax and Millers Oils Octane Plus.. !!

I have exclusivly run optimax since the car was a month or so old.. I noticed the difference.. wouldn't change back now, I organise my journeys around shell petrol stations.. lol

The millers octane plus makes a difference too... gives a bit extra kick.. and seems to allow the car to hold power up to slightly higher revs...

G

·
Originally posted by Wee man
Any improvement in performance using optimax??
Its just i thought to get the most benefits the engine has to be set up slightly differently timeing instuff?
The engine will set itself up for higher octane fuel, all done by the knock sensor's.

Ive not noticed the difference but ive never put 95 ron fuel in! :D

G

·
Originally posted by Stuart
What is the standard brake fluid, cant find it in manual.

Toying with idea of flushing and putting dot 5.1 in.

Optimax should benefit as its higher octane, and it seems to have done.
The standard brake fluid is DOT 4, i wouldn't bother changing it, never heard of any problems with in on road or track with our car's.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobster
Optimax and Millers Oils Octane Plus.. !!

I have exclusivly run optimax since the car was a month or so old.. I noticed the difference.. wouldn't change back now, I organise my journeys around shell petrol stations.. lol

The millers octane plus makes a difference too... gives a bit extra kick.. and seems to allow the car to hold power up to slightly higher revs...
Me too.
Optimax only in my beezer. Ran a bottle of Millers gieven to me last year for the RR @ Regal yesterday..
Helped me to a huge 189bhp:rolleyes: - LOL

God knows how much lower it would have been on 95 octane alone! :(

Grrr.

Bill

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I presume you haven't got your IHI kit sorted yet then Bill..?? Still just the RSD upgrade? and still performing lower than expected..??

Just out of interest, what IHI turbo you getting? RH series? what sort of power hike you expect?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well ive just gone to fill up brake fluid - looks fairly full anyway, however I can see its full of **** - loads of bits floating about at bottom from what I can see.

I now want to flush system, and if I do, then may use Dot 5.1 - however as the car has only 5k, is this a warranty issue, as it shouldnt be like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.