SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there you lot, many thanks for producing this forum. i'm a new member and i seem to have a problem, a £1'000 problem.
My yellow engine light first came on/off a good few months ago (gargage could not find any problems with it) car went back in again, need new exhaust, got one. took car back again (yellow light) now i've been told there is major problems with the engine and it needs this and that done to it (so many problems i can't remeber) this arosa is only just coming up to 4 years old and i use it for only a 2 b 33'000 mile, would i be able to contact the seat garage and complain to them, do i have a leg to stand on etc etc. i like my little car! sorry to rant and rave i'm just so mad. any advice given relly grateful

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Why would you have a leg to stand on? Your car has developed a fault, most cars do at some point in their lives, thats why lots of people take out warranties after the manufacturers warranty expires. I don't see what you could even complain about to be honest, I know its not nice when things go wrong, but the reality is things do go wrong all the time with cars, and if your car is well out of the warranty period (i.e. more than a day or two), then SEAT (or any other manufacturer for that matter) won't be at all interested I'm afraid :(

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I agree with Alan on this one but certain exceptions should be made.

Without droaning on too much, the example I'll use is the leaky doors on the Leon & Toledo... if you go to a dealership for an out of warranty repair it will cost a fortune, when the reality is nearly every model has the problem.

One of the systems my work manufactured had a big issue with some of its components, and even although most of them are now out of warranty we are covering them for replacements up until the later half of 2008.

These replacements cost between £50 and £70 plus a further £200 we have to pay for an engineer to carry out the repair, this is much more each time than Seat would be paying to repair the leaky doors.

This isn't a dig at Seat, all car manufacturers do it - PITA.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's the only thing I hate about my SEAT Arosa, when it goes wrong!!!!

Theres no small cost option as its always seems to be something major?

I certainly won't be having another one thats for sure and its such a shame as the car is very well built and nice/easy to drive..................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts