SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm thinking about getting a used (06) Leon Reference Sport FSI....I don't know anyone who has a Seat.....I've got a 206 GTi at the moment...just wondering what they're like to own....

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi ive got a 2006 leon and after the first 3 months of warranty repairs and putting the odd teething problems right i wouldnt change my car for anything else at the moment well recommended chris(leoncp)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The main things I've found to watch for are:

Steering rack - may need replacing if not already done, dealer will be able to advise as some of the 2005 early 2006 cars needed the rack replaced. If needed then needs steering geometry and tracking reset - had a problem with mine after the rack was replaced; different dealer sorted it out eventually.

Wet windows - inside of window gets wet if wound down in wet weather / after washing. Seat claim not a known issue. Not major enough to worry about too much (touch wood).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Decided not to get a Leon.....the 2 Seat dealers I went to were terrible.....never called when they said they would & took the **** when it came to a part ex price for my car. Considering Colliers Seat is the ONLY Seat dealer in Birmingham, their customer service is terrible. Felt as if I was not being taken seriously. Never got the test drive I was promised & the interior of the Leon looks cheap. Got a much better deal from Peugeot.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
That seems to be a frequent problem with SEAT dealers. :( And I'd certainly agree with interior looking/feeling a bit cheap, that was certainly my impression of it as well unfortunately :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't agree about the interior - but possibly about right for the dealers.

On saying that, the new dealer that has opened here has been nothing but good so far. Proof will be on something going wrong with the car....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mordred1973;786706 said:
sorry even the cheap interior of the new Leon (but £5k cheaper than equivilent Golf so is therefore permitted) is far superior to a Peugeot!
The 207 that's I'm having is a few thousand pound less than the Leon & personally I think a bit more thought has been put into the interior than a £14-15000 Leon - Bland grey & looks like the plastic a dustbin is made out of, for the price of the car, I'd expect more

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think my Leon and the dealer are superb. I have had occasion to go to my dealer a couple of times and they have never let me down. The after sales service is second to none. Try them M1 Autos in Kingsbury NW9

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had mine since Feb 06. There's 47000 kms done now. I can't report any faults, I've had no porblems. The only thing I would say is that I shouldn't have gone for the sports suspention. Its too hard of a ride.
There's another side to that though, go through a roundabout or down a twisty road and you will find that its "stuck" to the road. It's a great driving car but really practical. Also its my 5th car and first Seat.

·
Registered
229 Posts
girliiee said:
mordred1973;786706 said:
sorry even the cheap interior of the new Leon (but £5k cheaper than equivilent Golf so is therefore permitted) is far superior to a Peugeot!
The 207 that's I'm having is a few thousand pound less than the Leon & personally I think a bit more thought has been put into the interior than a £14-15000 Leon - Bland grey & looks like the plastic a dustbin is made out of, for the price of the car, I'd expect more
I'd have to agree here, the dash in my FR does look like they ran out of money before they got round to designing it. It's a real shame really as, otherwise, it's a fantastic car. :(

However, I can see past the interior, as externally it looks great and mechanically, it's very impressive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not too many German cars out there in this price range with a 'stylish' dash though. My Corsa had a nice dash than my FR, didnt stop me chopping it in for the Leon though. It might not blow you away, but it certainly wont be falling apart or feel old and broken after a few years like a Frenchie will do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.