SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up this section so that we and companies can see what sort of things that we are looking for and I can let you know what Trials we are doing!

If you have any ideas at all abouot what you would like to do in the future please post!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
There's a few Leon things..... :)

Short throw gear linkage ( but preferably one I can put a standard or aftermarket knob on all the ones I see have a turned one fixed permenantly to the top which doesn't look that nice IMO... )

Audi TT style gearstick surround.

Samco hoses...

Bigger intercooler

Anything shiney for the engine bay... lol

I'm sure I'll think of a few more

Pete

OH and if anyone want's me to test an Alpine indash screen, even better... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yo Yo Yo !!!

Don't forget us 8v drivers
not like there will be many new things for the older cars but yeah don't forget us 8v drivers too :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is not any new product that need trialling for 16v and 8v engines, that market is already well covered so trials are very unlikly to appear.

20VT engines on the other hand are still only just taking off, hence loads of new products to test.

Companies will send us there latest DV but are unlikely to send us parts they have already tried and tested for years already unfortunatly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
products may be already out, true, but how about getting demo gear from new companies coming aboard with the site, if someone trials a bit of gear and likes it, after a writeup demand would soon ensue and have people waiting to get their hands on the stuff from the supplier!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tell you what Brendy, you point it out and I will go for it!

I am not just targetting 20vt's its the companies that seem to be interested in the 20vt's

·
Registered
220 Posts
ok mate, in no certain order......
CHIPs
manifolds
dash gadgets,
exhaust bits and pieces
springs
shocks
cams
plugs and leads
powerboost valves (havnt heard of any being fitted to 16vers)
that kinda thing mate; tho things like alloys,polishes, body bits etc can be done by anyone with any car.
this is my challenge for you mate, if you can find a supplier of 16v manifolds for RHD cordy's or beezers (think they are the same).
Also i know some of the things i listed could/are produced for other cars but i mean specific 16v products.
Good Luck keeping us sweet singin 16v owners happy!! :D
BTW same goes for 8v and diesel owners all of the above too!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
well you should know better than to ask what i want!! heheh
again good luck, i hope you do find loads for us to road test!!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
My thoughts exactly Brendy LOL
you list reads like mine would have except I would have to go for the 8v stuff

looks like you are going to have some fun there Si ;)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I think this has been mentioned but..... SAMCO hoses for 20VT Ibiza? Roly... any progress from your end?

regards
Bill

·
Registered
637 Posts
we do a few ~ have a look at the thread: There are strut braces for most modern SEATs....
We're playing catch up with our product list but I'll trawl through and try and post what products we offer (and the discounts) as and when I get them into a word or excel format. just keep checking the AAT bit at the bottom.....
Don't do the light clusters :(
Have a wide selection of bits for "gadgetting" dashboards :D
Anyone here ever tried a set of JE Design springs for the Leon?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
You ask what I would like to see on my car... hmmmm..

I would like to see a GFB DV.. !! lol

I am actually really reluctant to shell out £150 for one, as I aren't confident on whether it will work ok and give the desired effect..

All I have seen so far is one person using it sucessfully and Si having used it breifly and then taken it off because he had the car chipped.. hasn't filled me with confidence that it will work for everyone without loads of tweaking by a pro mechanic to get the thing set up...

I am the everyday non mechanic guy, and can probably manage to unscrew the jubilee clips I put on with the DV007 to replace it with the GFB, but wouldn't know what to do if the car started dying at idle and I don't have a boost gauge so don't know whether I would be losing anything..

I feel that some definitive information on the set up of this thing or more accurate setup devices to ensure correct spring pressure for factory defaults would be beneficial.. GFB seem to be pushing it to the 'Scooby' market and so they probably have loads of info on setting the thing up.. but we have but one report stating twist the nipple (oooh errr) 1.5 times and it 'should' work.. if not check the valve is closed after blipping the accelerator.. ?? like when exactly.. directly after? how hard to blip it? to what revs? when on the engine rev fall do you want it to be closed.. ?? that kind of thing..

I am willing to buy one if I know it will work.. what I don't want is to get it and find I can't make it work and have to stick it in a cupboard, cos I can't take it to my dealership cos they moan about taking the dealership stickers off the back window, let alone putting a hybrid dv on..!! lol

So... although I know that everyone wants something doing for them.. and the site wants to provide something for everyone.. I think that ensuring we have satisfactory information about the items should be looked at before making a site recommendation and moving onto something new..

Just a thought... and if anyone knows more about the GFB to answer my questions and to fill me with confidence to go and buy one then please contact me...

[email protected]

Ta

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
To be honest I think we have to say that the GFB ONLY seems to work on a standard Ibiza. It hasn't worked on anything else at all, you get the noise but boost is leaked out and you loos a lot of power.

My advice would be to not get one now. I think we are still trying to find out how to get it to work but don't hold out hope.

I may however have good news on a whooshy dumper for everyone in around a week or so's time, definately by Trax. Can't say much more than that at the minute except it'll cost more than £150. I'll keep everyone up to date...

Pete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.