SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not being very computer literate my mate was showing me a few things on my PC. He showed me my control panel>Internet Connections>then all the sites I ever visited. Hundreds of pages!! So I deleted all my cookies (whatever they are, My fav are double choc chip!!) Anyway was that a big mistake. Only prob I have experienced is when logging into either SEAT sites they asked me to log in which takes a while.

Should I leave it in future?

Gareth

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
that all depends on if you are using a works computer or not
if so and they have a strict PC usage policy then yeah maybe it is a good thing

I delete the cookies from this machine every once in a while for that purpose

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It my own computer at home!! Dont want the burd to see visited site - Titney Spears.com:D

Dont think she would be very happy:no:

G

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
If ur that paranoid about it get a little program called "Tweak UI" depending on what version of Windows ur running, it gives u loads of hidden options that Windows don't give u, and one of them under the appriopriate heading "Paranoid" will delete all ur history files.

But in general ur not really meant to delete ur cookies as they are little files that the site uses to identify u, u build these up over time. So u might have problems getting into secure areas on sites etc that u visit a lot e.g. having to log in all the time on the forum

·
Registered
379 Posts
Window Washer is a great little program that deletes all of your net history.....and it also cleans the locked index.dat file:elo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.