SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time poster so hopefully I haven't stuck this in the wrong forum.

I'm approaching 60k on my 2000 Ibiza Vibe 1.4. As far as I know, 60k is a good time to get the timing belt changed. I've been looking around the forums here and noticed people mentioning different parts that can also get changed, of which I have no clue as I haven't a notion about engines. My question is, when I phone up a garage and ask them about getting the timing belt changed do I need to make sure of anything else or is it just a belt?

I got a quote of £300 from the seat dealer which seems quite steep, should it be cheaper than this and is it something that can be trusted to non-seat specific garages?

Any info appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
SEAT should be able to offer you a 'timing belt kit' which contains every you will need to do the cam belt change, these kits will have every thing that is needed to do it for your specific engine, so its best just to buy the kit, as for the cost i cant really help much as i have a good friend do it for me, but hope that gives you a start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.