SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get the cash may do a bit to my standard 02 20VT Ibiza Cupra.

Thought of the following for a start:
-Decat - advice appreciated on whether worth it, and where from;
-Perf. Panel filter/modded airbox?? or Induction kit - opinions;
-Forge DV (possibly) - std one seems OK TBH;
-Chip - APR/Jabbasport/AMD - pros/cons/cost;

Any comments/advice on above appreciated - and any other ideas for a start. :)

G

·
To be honest I would do the major things like Wheels and Exhaust first as they are things that stands out straight away!

Exhausts:

Miltek
Sprintline
Powerflow

Brakes/Discs

EBC Fast Turbo Pimples Discs and Green Stuff Pads
Pagid Road Fast Pads
I am soon trialling Mintex Pads
Brembo Four Pots
AP Four Pots

Re-map:

APR plus lots og gimmicks
Jabbasport Re-Map
Oettinger
Superchips
Impossible
AMD

Strut Brace

Hurricane Air Filter
K&N Panel Filter
Pipercross Induction (wouldnt really go for this)

Larger Inlet Pipe

Chargecooler
Intercooler

KO4 Turbo Upgrade

Chromed bits and pieces in your engine

DV's (Recirc)

Forge DV006
Forge DV007
Bailey Recirc
Turbo XS Recirc

GFB Multi DV

Suspension:

Koni Coilovers
Bilstein PSS9
Bilstein PSS
Inter Alloy Coilover

I will keep thinking, hope that helps!

G

·
Originally posted by CupraClaire
When I get the cash may do a bit to my standard 02 20VT Ibiza Cupra.

Thought of the following for a start:
-Decat - advice appreciated on whether worth it, and where from;
-Perf. Panel filter/modded airbox?? or Induction kit - opinions;
-Forge DV (possibly) - std one seems OK TBH;
-Chip - APR/Jabbasport/AMD - pros/cons/cost;

Any comments/advice on above appreciated - and any other ideas for a start. :)
-Decat - This depend on the age of your cupra claire, if its a 2000> you can't decat it. it has a sensor after the cat testing the emissions, if the cat goes, the engine mangement light comes on.

-induction kit- only one type works really, you need a canister type airbox/filter, something like a pipercross viper or a hurricane.

Chip- ive got a Jabbasport chip personally, very pleased with it, 200bhp for£300(price has gone up now tho) APR are supposed to be very good but expensive (£700!)

PM These people for there veiws

Chungster - Has a oettinger one
Pete - Has a APR one (on a Leon)
Myself - Jabbasport
Si - Getting the switchable Impossible chip this week
Gillm - Has the autotechnic one

Not heard of anyone on here with a AmD one.

Hope this helps!;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Wheels and exhaust are well down the list at the moment.

What are your opinions on say K&N panel as opposed to the standard - and is it worth modding the airbox - i'm thinking maybe not as it get very hot under that bonnet.

The brakes will also copme later - standard are fine at the moment.

As for the dump valve, had no probs with standard one so far - will see how it goes.

Also considering taking Seat and Ibiza badges off boot today - I am hoping they are just stuck on, and a bit of elbow grease after removal should clear up any residue - am I right?

G

·
The SEAT and IBIZA badges came off mine a bit to easily for my liking.
Just be careful and prise them off, then polish off any sticky crap thats left.

If you get any letters that give you grief just use a piece of thin wire or something and drag it down the back of the badge (not touching the paintwork, obviously).:p

Re: 'Standard brakes are fine at the moment'

:eek: Are you sure about that! Worst part on the car in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Originally posted by CupraClaire
Thanks.

What are your opinions on say K&N panel as opposed to the standard - and is it worth modding the airbox - i'm thinking maybe not as it get very hot under that bonnet.

As for the dump valve, had no probs with standard one so far - will see how it goes.

Also considering taking Seat and Ibiza badges off boot today - I am hoping they are just stuck on, and a bit of elbow grease after removal should clear up any residue - am I right?
I would not bother with putting on a K & N panel filter as there wont be much of a difference. You should buy the Hurricane (£150) from Bill. I like many others have got one and rate it highly. It has a proven 5 - 7 b.h.p on chipped Ibiza's so I think you would be looking at around 3-5 b.h.p on a standard one. Im still to put my car on the rollers.

As for the dump valve ive not experienced any problems with my standard DV but a Forge 007 is definately on my shopping list. Again those that have them rave about them!

De-badging. They are not bolted on so its just a matter of pulling them off and getting the T-Cut to get the glue off. Ive just left mine on as Ive been scared that when taking them off I pull the paint off behind them. Also if you leave them on it will save any spotty 17 year olds in their Novas thinking you have just got a "done up " 1.4:D

Hope ive been of help
Gareth

Oh in case you havent seen the hurricane.....

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
i had a pipercross induction kit on mine and when i had it chipped the rr before and it was way down on power due to this filter , there are a lot of miss conceptions with these . because you can hear them (louder) you think they are doing something , and this is not always the case . mine was drawing in the hot air from the engine even when driving , i now have a jetex panel filter in the air box and even know you cant hear it (which i perfer ) you can notice the diffrence , as it is getting cold air from outside the engine bay . i think i paid about £35 for it , the filters that bill sells do the same but they do look very nice .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I did the debadging today:

I see what you mean about the brakes - did first bit of hard braking earlier - they don't exactly instill confidence:eek:
May look at the Brembo deal - is it using existing discs, or bigger?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts