SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peeps,

What are your thoughts on the Wheel arch extensions that you can buy from Seat for the Cupra.

Daz.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have a look for some piccies. But my Seat Dealer says that they are a bit Series 2 rs turbo like, but they fit flush to the front bumper and to the side skirt...

Daz..

:D

G

·
Hey that sounds nice mate, might be worth me asking Parkstones?

I see your Tech Spec is similar to mine now:

Hurricane Air Filter
Inter Alloy Coilover Kit
Strut Brace
EBC Pads and Discs
17" ACE 198 Alloys
Impossible Switchable Chip
Powerflow Exhaust (soon to be TT Stylee)
Full Tint
Turbo XS Recirc DV

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes mate ...Tech specs are looking very similar...

I have ordered the arch extentions for £80 including vat and 20% discount. Will just need to get them painted and fitted. Get that done at my local VW bodyshop...

Daz..

:D

G

·
You got a discount ...... Tell all mate ...... once you are done could you do some piccies for the site for us!

Oh I frgot to Add

Volx Techniks Battery Cover
and Chromed Strut Brace

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought you'd like the sound of discount..... I have a relative who works in the parts department at Seat in Derby who gives me his discount evertime I have any parts.....When they are on I will post some pictures.......Chrome Battery cover spoke to Daniel the other day and ordered one. Might have strut brace done...

Daz..

:D :D

G

·
Ah ....... can we make contact with your contact mate and see if we can get a discount or is this an exclusive Daz thing :D

Yeah I was looking at arch extensions so that would be cool!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I looked at these again only yesterday @ Amethyst.
They have 2 sets in stock..

The only catch with them, which makes me um and ah... is the rubber seal which goes between the arch and the plastic extension bit.... Its black. Clips to the inside face of the arch.

I was thinking about them myself, but colouring coding them from their black, as supplied, finish to yellow (for me) would be negated by the black line which would show the arches are being add-ons.

Not sure how well they would fit without the rubber thing. That would cure the black line problem... Black car = no problemo. :D

Looks kinda like a Saxo wheel extension...
I could'nt make my mind up...
did'nt like the price either tho TBH.

regards
Bill

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:D :D :D :D

Si,

Discount at Seat in Derby.......Tel :- 01332399012 , Ask for Craig and mention Seat Enthusiasts and he will give everyone 15% discount on all parts.......

Daz..

:D :D

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by widdowd
Bill,

Whats the quality like on the arches???

Daz..

:g
Pretty good to be honest. A smooth moulded finish, non textured, in black plastic. Cut edges a little bit rough, but not lumpy bumpy rough.

Fitted onto my arches by hand fine. Well in fact. and that was plastic to metal, without the rubber sealing/edging strip thing.

regards
Bill

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.