SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start the ball rolling for my many questions,

Any idea where in a Leon I can hide a PG line driver and a bass cube? (The actual units) Obviously need to be anything upto 1m (phono cable) away. Not sure where I'm going to put my changer yet, (Is there a lot of room/wiring under seat - Electric seats?), so don't really want to use the glove box (not that I have gloves, or have EVER put gloves in one!). I am thinking about mounting the bass cube remote knob in the glove box or even in the ash tray to keep it out the way, or is there another hidey hole for it. Been about 3 months since I saw a Leon and I didn't think about these things then!

Cheers

Coxy

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
First thing the bass cube... I assume you will be fitting amps in the boot? The bass cube box should go close to the amps rather than under the dash. It has a very long cable for the remote.

The Line driver can probably go behind the glovebox, there is a bit of room behind there

Under the seats I don't know with electric seats as I don't have them but there isn't much room under them without.

As to where you put the knob for the cube, it's anywhere easy to reach for you. Mine is going in the little cubby hole behind the handbrake... :)

Pete

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cube wire is only about 3 meters long, so I am not sure if it will reach, but it does however, look like a standard modem type wire so I wonder if I could just replace it with a longer one. When installing, I am not really wanting to take out seats and all carpet etc, and will probably just try to work round it, otherwise the cube knob would reach the centre console from the boot. Hmm.

Will a 4awg wire be sufficient to run a JL 300.4 and a 250.1 through a distribution block?

Cheers

Coxy

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
First off mate if you are gonna have to get the seats and trim out if you want to do this properly. And by the sound of the kit you'll be using you don't want to bodge the job...

Power cable, to be honest 4awg would probably do but I'd go for 2awg down the car just to be sure. I ran 2awg down mine and it's very easy, no probs as there is loads of room down the side of the car.

And it's not hard to remove the seats, I had the whole interior out of mine, the cables laid down and put back together in well under a day.

Pete

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I need to have a line driver for the sub phono, or does the cube anplify the signal as well. I will be using PG zeropoint phono's if it makes a difference.

Coxy

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
The PG BassCube doesn't raise the voltage level so if you are going to raise the signal for all the amps you will need one on the sub out as well...

PG now do a 6 channel line driver though which might be worth a look if you haven't already got them, check out the ICE news section...

Pete

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately have already got a PLD 1, which I did get on the cheap, I'll have to keep an eye out for another - more expense! - Spending more than budgeted already.

Anyway, will be running this with Pioneer 9300, Changer and DAB tuner, as well as the JL 300.4 & 250.1.

Looking to buy a 10w6 v2 and a set of JL XR components (Will they fit depth wise?) Or do you have any other suggestions of what to fit?

Cheers

Coxy

(Anyone have a spare PLD 1 they wanna get rid of?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.