SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to buy a charger for my electric car. I'm usually driving to charging stations, as I have a first level charger and on average it charges the car for about 16 hours, which is very long. So I want to buy a tier 2 charger for myself, but the question is, will it cost less to charge the car at home than in the charging station? Are there any calculators to calculate?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In any case, if you charge your electric car at home, it will be much more profitable. It is much more profitable than when you go to charging stations. Here's a good Charging Cost Calculator https://evadept.com/calc/volkswagen-id.4-charging-cost-calculator/ . Put the exact characteristics that you will have, then you will calculate the cost of charging as accurately as possible. I average charging from 10% battery to 100% comes out to about $8-9. Which is not very much, at the charging station I pay more than $ 15-18 depending on the gas station in my city where there are charging stations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, given my charging conditions, I would have an approximate cost of $10. Which is still cheaper overall than charging stations. Especially since my car will take 6-7 hours to charge on a level 2 charger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts