SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, asking this for a mate of mine from another car forum. His sister has just bought a 53 plate 1.2 12v? Ibiza and wants him to change filters etc. I've cut and pasted his question here and would be grateful for any advice. Thanks again.
Hi People,

My sister has just bought the vehicle above, and has asked me to do an oil and filter change.

Now with it being a modern car, everything is covered in plastic etc as they do.

I can see the sump easily enough from the top of the engine , which I presume the drain plug is on the bottom of such somewhere or another, or am I wrong

Only thing I couldnt find was the oil filter Had a good look round and could not see anything that was or looks like the oil fitler.

So 2 things I am asking. Does this modern little thing have a oil filter or some kind of new fan-dangled thing? If so, am I looking for the right shaped looking thing (ie, a Pajero shaped one, as I am used to )

Also, what sort of grade and type of oil should be used in these things As I am a diesel driver, only used to that type of diesel and my Sis's car is a petrol.

Any advice and pictures gratefully accepted please.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Err...remove the engine cover (just pulls off) and there is a 36mm nut just above the alternator.

Thats your oil filter housing.

Sump plug is indeed under the car. 6mm allen key will get that out and you'll need a new copper washer afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts