SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!

I'm searching for the best suspension (springs + dampers) kit for my Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20VT.

I heared lots of brands like Bilstein, koni,.... which one is the best for my mota.

Ohh I don't want it bo be too firm o it should be adjustable. I see that you can also adjust the vehicle height in some types is this true.

I'm a little low with knowledge when it comes to the suspension so any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Surfer_D
HI!

I'm searching for the best suspension (springs + dampers) kit for my Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20VT.

I heared lots of brands like Bilstein, koni,.... which one is the best for my mota.

Ohh I don't want it bo be too firm o it should be adjustable. I see that you can also adjust the vehicle height in some types is this true.

I'm a little low with knowledge when it comes to the suspension so any info is appreciated
Depends on your budget and what your own preference is.
I found the stock suspension "choppy" on mine, being firm but not controlled. It had to go!

I went for PSS9's, which are coil overs and rebound adjustable (9 positions). They improved the ride a lot. Ride height as you want it, and damping as hard or as soft as you want it. Firm, yes, but much better controlled.

If you can catch a ride/drive in various peeps motors with their suspensions, it might give you a good idea of what you want. Something like Trax meet for example, would get you a whole bunch of various suspended cars to look at and speak to their owners. If you are lucky you may get a ride/drive from them also to gauge.

My advise as to manufacturer would be to use a reputable one, who would be TUV approved. (Koni, Eibach, H&R, Bilstein etc)

Suspension and ride is a very personal and subjective thing.
There is'nt such a thing as best really.

regards
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.