SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that on the old forum a Member had suggested a charity that he worked for that we could adopt as the site charity and we have not seen him re-register yet and we already have funds to give to charity!

Please post your suggestions on a National Charity less Cancer Research UK that would be a worthy cause and we will pick the most wanted one!

Many thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad at all, Childrens charity's are good!

I was thinking of Great Ormond Street Hospital as well!

·
Registered
173 Posts
How about a hospice or something to do with cancer research?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It was Mad Dave from CGTI that suggested a homeless one that he worked for.

It's a shame that Cancer Research UK were a bit funny about it, I would've definately said them.

I agree on NSPCC as a good charity for us to donate money to, there are many poor children that go through a lot and it would be good to help them out.

A quick question I have, would we have one charity to donate to or would we change it from time to time in order to help out on all aspects?

Tom

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Yup, I really like the NSPCC too. I think Great Ormond Street is good too, but maybe some people will think it isn't national enough if you know what I mean.

Another suggestion might be the National Autistic Society.

Or, if we are starting to get international members who might want the odd bit of merchandise, how about an international charity like the International Red Cross.

Picking up on Tom's train of thought though and changing it a little, is it feasible to have two charities i.e. one national and one international? Split the money down the middle.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not too sure which one but I think that the money should deffo go to a childrens charity of some sort. The NSPCC sound good, but how about childline? they are always saying they never have enough phone lines.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
anything 2 do with helping kids, homeless etc gets my vote :)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Yeah not enough support is given to charities like the NSPCC . Its name doesn't even sound as special as something like RoSPA (Royal society) which is insane, as it's the future of the country we're talking about here....

NSPCC gets my vote.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke to the NSPCC this morning for over an hour and they are delighted that we want to be involved with the site and they were quite flattered as opposed to Cancer Research UK.

It would appear that they would like to appear on our T-Shirts etc etc as well, would anybody have any objection to this!

They are also doing a laminated letter that will state that we are working with the NSPCC and we can then take it to shows with us!

IT Guys get ready as I said we will publish info on the site and have a banner for them.

Good news I feel and at last somewhere to give some money to

I hope that most approve

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I think that is fantastic if we have a wee logo of theirs on our merchandise. makes us look like a real class act, a nice bunch, which we are.

Well done Si on getting this organised! :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
When I pick up the clothing I will find out how much extra it will cost for an extra logo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.