SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Who's going to win this years F1 Drivers Championship?

• Alonso

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fisichella

• Raikkonen

• Massa

• Barrichello

• Webber

• Heidfeld

• Hamilton

• Other? Post below

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The F1 season starts this weekend, with the first race this Sunday in Austrailia.

Who do you think will win this years drivers championship?

Paul:)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
hmmmm I'm thinking maybe Fisichella but we'll see how the first race goes then I'll decide :p:

G

·
Looking at the first laps it looks like Ferrari and that means Kimmi .... I think that Alonso will be not far off though Ferarri have the fastest car so it will be interesting to see if Kimmi is actually the good driver that we think he is!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd like to see Massa win, just to show Ferrari that they had a natural Schumacher replacement in their team already. Although saying that, I've never persnally thught much of Raikkonen, I can't dent his speed, but his commitment can often be questioned.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone get up early or stay up late to watch the first race?

It was on when i got in, but i went to bed lol!!

Raikkonen had an easy win by the sounds of it. Lewis Hamilton did well to by looks of it, getting a 3rd place in his first GP

Paul:)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
i managed to watch the first few laps but then fell asleep - doh

Woke up with the tv blaring with 7 laps left to go and saw the running order and went back to sleep

interesting point to note that bernie ecclestone said for the asian grand prixs he would be pushing for night races so that it would be on during the day over here. Sounds quality!

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
button is with a shonky team to be fair. he is a good driver. just needs a good car under him! think the fact that hamilton kept pace wiht alonso and the fact he has been marginally better than alonso thru pre season speaks volumes

·
Registered
166 Posts
AndyP;780455 said:
interesting point to note that bernie ecclestone said for the asian grand prixs he would be pushing for night races so that it would be on during the day over here. Sounds quality!
Never seen an F1 car with headlights on lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
AndyP;780578 said:
button is with a shonky team to be fair. he is a good driver. just needs a good car under him! think the fact that hamilton kept pace wiht alonso and the fact he has been marginally better than alonso thru pre season speaks volumes
Anyone think Button should play musical chairs again and jump ship to Prodrive for 2008? IMO Honda went downhill when Honda took full control of the team and relinquished the Prodrive contract. Dave Richards should put together a pretty decent team, and with a possible customer McClaren chassis it could a be a nice little move. Certainly can't keep his patience much longer with Honda, especially as they were well and truly trounced by Super Aguri in Australia!

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
ror100;780863 said:
Anyone think Button should play musical chairs again and jump ship to Prodrive for 2008? IMO Honda went downhill when Honda took full control of the team and relinquished the Prodrive contract. Dave Richards should put together a pretty decent team, and with a possible customer McClaren chassis it could a be a nice little move. Certainly can't keep his patience much longer with Honda, especially as they were well and truly trounced by Super Aguri in Australia!
i think he needs to stop speculating with "possible" teams. Why not engineer a move to a proven team? he has the capability. if he stays at honda much longer he's going to pale into insignificance

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
AndyP;780937 said:
lol i have no idea how they are planning to do it. floodlight the whole trak or something?
yea :cool:

It's a lot easier on the newer tracks as they already have some of the underground pipework in place :)

The only reason F1 has not done it until now is the quality of the TV pictures under non-natural lighting, and thats where everyone (teams, track, FOM, Bernie) make the money.

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts