SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go out in my car and I meet new people (especially guyz) the first thing that they ask me is “Where’s your b/f?” or “Is this your car?” When I tell them that it is, it’s like they don’t believe me and start asking questions like “So did you do all the mods yourself?” and “What have you actually done?” It’s like getting tested.

The thing is, I know quite a lot about cars and like to talk about them, so when I do they seem to be taken aback, get all offensive and start throwing sexist comments which p*sses me off.

So why is it that guyz are like this? Do they have a problem with girlz knowing stuff about cars? Maybe you guyz can explain!

Maybe it just happens to be the people I meet (total d*ckheads).

Have any of you girlz had this problem and how do you handle it?

Fliss

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I think its just the strange guys your side of the bridge Fliss, I mean, you know my mate Alan and he is a bit of a strange one in't he? :p :p

Nah I think they is just jelous cause you have a lurvely Vdub and they are running round in Neddy Novas and Saxos only fit for going to Safeways. :D

I do not recall being offensive when I first asked about yer mowta :confused:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Come on Fliss, your from Kirkcaldy!! What do you expect!!!!...............Ooocha.
No but seriously the first thing the ask is where is your boyfriend. Standard question. The guy obviously thinks your hot and is checking to whether you have one or not. If yes he will just talk about cars and if no expect all the chat up lines he knows in the book!!

Oh by the way Fliss, have you got a boyfriend??.....No?....well how you doin??!!

Gareth

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Cupra Dave

I do not recall being offensive when I first asked about yer mowta :confused:
You were just a gem to me Dave when I first met you and you still are. :p

Alan's alright for someone that drives a BMW. I always think that blokes that drive they cars are t*ssers.

I suppose it is just jealousy at the end of the day and it is something that I'll just have to get used to. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Gareth, is that your first question when you meet 'hot' women and are you saying that I may have missed their intentions.

I dont mind guys asking whether I've got a b/f but not the very first question. I just feel that it's not to see if I'm attached, but to check whether my braw motor is mine. There attitude is like "You can't possibly have a car like that".

And yes I know, guys from Kdy are numpties.

G

·
Salsa....is that YOUR car?! it CANT be?! LOL!!! joke by the way before u crack something blunt and rusty over ma heed! :no:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooohhhh it's like that Mike. I'm not the 'touchy' type. I just get p*ssed off with arrogant guys.

I get a feeling that you're one of them :D

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Fliss, not my way of chatting up woman. First thing I say is " Nice Suit, T*ts oot"!!!!! Only joking. lol To be honest ive never actually chatted up woman before. Theres other ways to get a girl out on a date. One of my memorible one was when I was in the restaurant and the waitress was pretty hot. So instead of asking her out i waited till I got the bill of her and simply wrote my name and number on the bill. Next day the phone rings and its her. Went out with her for about 7 months!

See lads you learn something everyday.

Gareth

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who told you I had a b/f?

So there's a que eh? Looks like I'll just have to wait then. :(

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Aww Fliss ur bound to find nobby guys like that. Its just jealousy! And a matcho thing! Personally i do get jealous when nice girls drive nice cars but im not rude about it or anything, i think its the same kinda jealousy if i saw an guy driving in a nice car! I suppose they ask those question cuz the ratio for girls for modded cars r pretty small but always growing compared to guys.

But u have a very sweet car :) the Vauxhall garage down the road from me had a Golf Concept Colour car too it was Lemon yellow with black and yellow leather looked real nice! It was a 98 R reg!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what I like to see, nice constructive answers. I feel so much better now and thanks for the compliments of my car. :D

I can get jealous too but I always compliment people and think you lucky b'ard.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Cant say I get jealous,
all I can think about is being in the passenger seat for a change being driven round by a hot chick instead of being the chauffeur
:D ;) :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I don't think most guys have a problem with girls having a nice car or knowing about cars, it's just not all that common.

Most girls I know wouldn't know how to pump their tyres up, let alone check the oil :confused: , so the chances are if they're in a modded car then it's someone elses, or if it's theirs then they haven't really got a clue what's been done to it.

Alright, I might be going a bit over the top when i say "most", but you know what I mean. :D

Oh yeah, nice car BTW, you'll have to bring it down to TRAX so we can all see it :D ;) (Sorry, silly mode on again!)

G

·
I think it more down to a what Neil said,

You may well be taking the questions the wrong way, if i see a nice car ill chat to the owner about it, male of femail, doesn't bother me, im not interagating them or trying to catch them out, just curious.

I mean, if i went up to Lee Chung and started asking questions about his car he very rarly has a clue(sorry Lee;) ) but that doesn't make me think any different of him, and it certainly doesn't make me start asking **** take questions to try and undermine him.

But lets be honest, most girls aren't into cars, but you are and can have a informed conversation about them but you are in a minority im affraid, the only girls ive ever known who can really talk about car's are on here.

If i went up to a girl and she started talking about car's as well as i can id be amazed.

In my trade you can really see the difference between the sex's. Bloke come in (Not all) and want to talk about there engines and stuff like that whereas women just want to know when it will be ready.

I think you a little paranoid but boy will i crack up seeing some pompus know-it-all confuse himself when you start talking shop!

Hopefully no-one takes offence at this but its really hard to explain what i mean without mincing my words(Which you may have guessed i don't do)

Are you at trax?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Cupra Dave
Yeah Neil, the airline might be able to fit it in the cargo hold :D
Nice one Dave lol

I am coming down to Trax Steve but I'm flying down.

Why is it though when I raise any concerns I get accused of being paranoid, I think it is bang out of order. As I said earlier the impression that I get from most guyz is "You can't possibly have a car like that" and so I dont take questions the wrong way, which doesn't make me paranoid but maybe you guys feel threatened.

Originally posted by neilp

Oh yeah, nice car BTW, you'll have to bring it down to TRAX so we can all see it (Sorry, silly mode on again!)
Ha Ha Ha!!!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts