SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the other site one user is talking about Castrol RS problems...

Can some one post any comments about it! I'm using this oil!

His post;

let me get right to the point,

in Greece the Seat Dealers are using Divinol which i think is not very good judging from the impression gained by staring the oil temperatuere once too many

I have changed to Castrol RS 10W60 being an oil supposed to be suited for racing etc etc....

I see also that Castrol Magnatec is pretty popular in the UK.

Bad news come when I spoke to two different guys who suggested Castrol RS is bad for the engine.

One of the guys argument was as follows. The Sierra cosworh MK2 has a fume box for the fumes coming out of the crankcase (in the Beezer there is a return for the fumes directly the stock airbox i think)

Now he claims Castrol RS uses alot of detergent agents and other additives to have the desired properites. these stick up on the pistons and in general damage the engine since they decompose after 2000-3000 km effectively losing their ability to lubricate. The proof for that was the fume box which would fill up with all kinds of leftovers from the oil.

Another guy claimed that Castrol RS damaged the bearings of the crankshaft.

Now all this could be a load of b.... but I have not heard any bad stories for other oils which are popular here such as Motul, Valvoline, Aral etc....

Do you think that there might be some truth on the above?Have you heard any horror stories for Castrol RS (it is quite different than magnatec)

Scared Beeza Owner...

Thanx

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
you say that Castrol RS is for racing,
the guy said it damaged his engine after 2000-3000 km

racing car engines are rebuilt after every race and would have fresh oil for every race, it may weel be the case that the oil does lose its properties after a certain distance

Like Side Show Bob said have an oil change if your worried or change brands altogether

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of changing it every 15000 kilometers.
I read on the rs box and it says for all personal vehicles motors and there was no sign about thanching it in 3000 km.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.