SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. just bought a pipercross induction kit for my 1.8T cupra. I've already got a cai going down through the engine bay to near my bumper and just fancied changing the filter to see if it made a better noise or not. i know people are unsure about pipercross on 1.8t because of the oil buggering the MAF but do you think it'll be a problem even though my filter is right down near my bumper miles away? any thoughts much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its not a Seat mate, but I've had a BMC induction kit on my Alfa for five years without any probs. I've heard all the stories about the oil knackering the MAF, but as long as you don't go mad with it, and let it dry before putting it back on I recon you'll be fine.

G

·
Personally I wouldnt ... have only heard of problems with Pipercross and VAG cars ... and you cant really relate an Alfa to a VAG engine :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bet there not far off, Alfas use Bosch MAF's what do Seat use? Anyhow this argument also rages on the Alfa forums I frequent! I think its possibly a matter of experience. A pannel filter is probably the safest bet, and there will be very little difference in performance. They don't sound as good though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much is a new MAF if i put it on and bugger it up? if oil got on it couldn't i just give a good clean? i'll spray the oil on very lightly and give it time to dry but i think it'd be hard to get oil all the way up my CAI pipe. we'll soon see anyway should have it by tuesday. does any oil ever come out of the breather pipe? Thanks for advise chaps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't they cost a bomb though? i've got a k and n on at the mo with a pipe that runs down to the side of the horn and the filter mounted there but a lad i know put a pipercross on his civic type r and it sounds great so i thought i'd just buy one and see if it sounds any better. i can always sell it if i don't like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts