SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a chip in my windscreen and was thinking about maybe getting that resin stuff put into to hopefully save the screen,, what i wanted to know is though, are there any alternative companys i can use rather than autoglass. My last car was in autoglass 7 times to get the rear screen fixed, they where bloody hopeless and didnt have a clue, any help is much appreciated, thx all kind regards TRIG:].

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are fully comp insured on your car i believe you can get it done for free or at very little cost, its cheaper for your insurance company than a new windscreen, i think autoglass do this or RAC/AA, I'm not 100% sure but worth finding out for defo, anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been informed autoglass do this for free and should come to you, so there should be no hassle with waiting around for the job to be done, best bet to give them a call and you will know exactly where you stand.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
If you have fully comp insurance, most insurance companies will do windscreen chip repairs for free, but you'll have to use your insurance companies nominated repairer, usually Autoglass or RAC Auto Windscreens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
allallyouyou lol, ive never had any luck with any of my cars, i feel great knowing im not the only one with the same problems lol, thx everyone for the help with the window thing, much appreciated all, kind regards TRIG:].

·
Registered
150 Posts
TRIGGER;784995 said:
allallyouyou lol, ive never had any luck with any of my cars, i feel great knowing im not the only one with the same problems lol, thx everyone for the help with the window thing, much appreciated all, kind regards TRIG:].
Its our pleasure, if we can help we will help, good luck with your windscreen.

·
Registered
217 Posts
had a chip repaired on my last car totally free by insurance co. im fully comp and as long as the chip is small you will get through your next mot ring your insurance co. up no loss of ncb so totally free :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill give autoglass a phone tommorrow as they are just around the corner from, hopefully they can fix the chip without raplaceing the screen and not messing me about like last time, cheers kind regards TRIG:].

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, i ended up going to rac today and they supposedly fixed the screen, im not sure at all how this resin stuff works on the chip but the chip looks exactly the same to me. It doesent even look as if they have touched my screen at all, maybe i am wrong though, can anyone help me out with this?, thx kind regards TRIG;].

1 - 13 of 13 Posts