SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had interesting behaviour from their wipers? Quite a few times now when I've had mine on intermittent wipe, they will wipe down the screen, then pause at the bottom for about half a second before wiping back up. This is instead of the normal smooth action of wiping down and straight back up again.

It doesn't always happen, but sometimes the normal wiping will happen along with this strange behaviour. It's more of an annoyance than anything, but hopefully should be fixable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Snarf999

... that's definitely not a bug ... it's a convenience feature and can't be progged away.

=> http://www.seatforum.net/forum/showpost.php?p=751566&postcount=27

The only thing I know of, which can be "adjusted" by OBD-modification is the "post-wiping" when cleaning the windshield (3x regular wiping - 3 seconds break - 1 more wipe to get rid of remaining waterdrops) ... last wipe can be annoying if there is slight drizzle (when driving behind lorries) that is than greesing all over the windshield, so you have to clean again.

greets ... Klaus

·
Registered
24 Posts
klawit;781521 said:
The only thing I know of, which can be "adjusted" by OBD-modification is the "post-wiping" when cleaning the windshield (3x regular wiping - 3 seconds break - 1 more wipe to get rid of remaining waterdrops) ... last wipe can be annoying if there is slight drizzle (when driving behind lorries) that is than greesing all over the windshield, so you have to clean again.
It can?

Great, didn't know that as the after wipe is bloody annoying when there's salty spray on the motorway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.