SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say you had 17" alloys, and only a space-saver in the boot, and no spare alloy etc (cos I know quite a few of u are in this position).

....and u got a flat tyre somewhere silly ...like miles from home?

....and it's a Sunday nite, everywhere is closed (no new tyre).

Tow?
Use the space save and limp home?
Leave the car & call a mate 2 pick u up?
Cry?

well???? :swear:

p.s - aint happened 2 me yet! ..touch wood

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
me neither ,,,,, as you say, touch wood

I have 18's and a space saver
cant say I have thought about it and am now a bit worried incase it happens on the way to Trax

I think I would limp home on the space saver as me car has been broken into twice already and I am quite paranoid about where I leave it now

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.........took an alloy for refurbing this week

this is wot it looks like with a space saver and 17"s LOL ....SILLY!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can you only do a certain amount of miles with a space-saver? and what's the speed you're allowed to get up to with one. Just asking coz I've got one too.

Fliss

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
i'd phone the AA and get em 2 trailor it home :D
don't think a space saver will fit over brembo calipers :(

has anyone actually driven with one of these on ?? i drove a cupra 2.0 8v with 17's and a space saver (on the front :eek: ) it was great fun in the car park but scarey as on the main road

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by Smithy
.........took an alloy for refurbing this week

this is wot it looks like with a space saver and 17"s LOL ....SILLY!
I would of kept one of the full size steel rims and junked the space saver when got the alloys, and swapped the rear wheel to the front and put the space saver/spare on the back

I hope you aint doin no more than 50 mph on that spare:no:

·
Registered
502 Posts
1) deffo call the AA.....and i won't take no **** about "use the spare tyre mate"....thats what i have AA cover for!

2) if you do use the space saver...and you have alloys which are bigger....you should put the space saver on the back and move one of the rear alloys to the front....thats what i've been told if a scenario like yours happened to me anyway.

I have the added problem of getting the wheel off the car in the first place of course! :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.